Does Spectrasonics ever has a sale?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all, I guess now it's sale season but I'm waiting patiently for a sale of Spectrasonics. I will buy Omnisphere and Keyscape. I have never seen them in sale. Does it ever happen? If so when and how much of a discount are we talking about?

No. Has never happened.

Best you can do is look out for general retailer discounts (sometimes as much as 15%) and / or good exchange rates.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

You just missed a 15% sale at musicians friend which included omnisphere. That's about as big a discount I've ever seen on omnisphere in over 10 years.

m-ac wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:03 am You just missed a 15% sale at musicians friend which included omnisphere. That's about as big a discount I've ever seen on omnisphere in over 10 years.
That's a good one that I missed. I need to check them more regularly I guess.

What are other distributors? I can't find it on Thomann for instance.

I remember receiving Omnisphere on 8 DVDs many years ago = mega bloat but excellent rompler ;-)
Don’t use it anymore - there are too many other better options these days available

Atlatnesiti wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:44 pm I remember receiving Omnisphere on 8 DVDs many years ago = mega bloat but excellent rompler ;-)
Don’t use it anymore - there are too many other better options these days available
Well, I mainly want Omni to use its large collection of presets, not planning on doing so much synth stuff with it. I already have Pigments.

And for Keyscape, I want it for its Electric Pianos mostly.

Do you think $500 (for Omni) and $400 (for Keyscape) is overkill for my aim?

Oh, I should also say that I bought Komplete 14 Ultimate a few days ago.

Best you can do is buy it second hand, bought my copy for 220$ or so in the buy and sell section.

Fornicras wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:49 pm
Atlatnesiti wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:44 pm I remember receiving Omnisphere on 8 DVDs many years ago = mega bloat but excellent rompler ;-)
Well, I mainly want Omni to use its large collection of presets, not planning on doing so much synth stuff with it. I already have Pigments.

It depends on how much you really need it and how much disposable income you have. If your budget is tight, then no, definitely you can get by without it. As you have Komplete Ultimate, it means you have Kontakt so you could probably find some extremely good EP libraries for Kontakt that cost just a fraction of Keyscape. Will they cover exactly the whole same range as Keyscape and at the same quality? Probably not..

You could also take a risk and get them, then use them for a year, make your own multi-samples from your favorite programs, then sell the whole lot and not loose all that much money in the deal (probably could sell the whole package for 600-700$, thus thinking of the time you owned it and the money you lost as rental fees).
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Lucastyle wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:33 pm Best you can do is buy it second hand, bought my copy for 220$ or so in the buy and sell section.
That is an absolutely incredible price! Well done there!
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:45 pm
Lucastyle wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:33 pm Best you can do is buy it second hand, bought my copy for 220$ or so in the buy and sell section.
That is an absolutely incredible price! Well done there!
Yeah but it took an incredible amount of time and patience.

the funny thing is I really don’t use Omnisphere that much now haha, as other have said there are better options now with faster workflow and better sound.

I once had the Trillian Bass Module(the most expensive bass VST on the planet)....& when my PC died, I went to re-install it and Spectrasonics wanted an extra $10.
Even if Spectrasonics ever had a sale on their website, I'd never go for it(as I am NOT EVER paying an additional fee for a second install.)
Why Omnisphere, when you can have Falcon 2 & have access to a vast array of top-tier sound libraries & top-shelf customer service for just $349?

Fornicras wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:49 pm

If you want to enter a rich musical / sound library, you can also look at Falcon as said previously or/and ... Reason ! Reason is available as a Rack for your DAW, it comes with a ton of synths, complex/advanced effects, ultra premium presets, samples and Loops that are awesome. This is still my number one sound source despite having most of the big VSTs on the market.And you can access the 2 best physical modeling synths on the market (friktion and objekt).

You are paying for an additional download not a second install. That is if you had backed up your download, you wouldn't need to pay again.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:46 pm You are paying for an additional download not a second install. That is if you had backed up your download, you wouldn't need to pay again.
rsp
Wrong....I bought a physical copy from a retailer and the software was on a thumb drive. What I was actually paying for....was in fact, an additional license.
Spectrasonics are a raging bunch of greedy c**ksuckers....which is why I will NEVER do business with them again.

Return to “Instruments”