NEW!!! AMPS MODELER - AIDA-X (8 Profiles High Gain Pack1)

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DOWNLOAD NOW https://damyfx.eu/aida-x/product/23-aid ... gain-pack1

DOWNLOAD NOW https://damyfx.eu/aida-x/product/23-aid ... gain-pack1

8 Profiles of exceptional high-gain amplifiers

1) ENGL Savage 120

2) Peavey 5150 II

3) Marshall JCM800

4) Suhr SE100

5) Friedman BE100

6) Diezel VH4

7) Mesa Dual Rect

8) Mesa "John Petrucci" model JP-2C

In order to load these profiles, download the latest version of the player for free

DOWNLOAD AIDA-X PLAYER >> https://github.com/AidaDSP/AIDA-X/releases/tag/1.0.0
Last edited by dameco on Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

What? No one was buying your PAID models for NAM so you decided "code" your own commercial version? Good luck with that. :hihi:
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

CapnLockheed wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:54 pm What? No one was buying your PAID models for NAM so you decided "code" your own commercial version? Good luck with that. :hihi:
Hey @CapnLockheed, Sebastian here from AIDA DSP.
No worries - they did not code anything. We did and they are just trying it that way.

spunktsch wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:02 pm
CapnLockheed wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:54 pm What? No one was buying your PAID models for NAM so you decided "code" your own commercial version? Good luck with that. :hihi:
No worries - they did not code anything. We did and they are just trying it that way.
Well.....sorry for assuming that Damy had something to do with the app seeing as how it's a FREE download on THEIR site with no mention of "AIDA DSP" being the actual developer. It would appear that both your company and Damy are more about banking on the hard work of others than coding anything original:

https://aidadsp.github.io/2020/06/07/im ... -roms.html

Regardless, no matter who ACTUALLY developed the APP.....the fact that there is currently just, AFAIK, just ONE paid preset pack. NAM is not only open source, but has a HUGE community producing FREE presets.....so again, once again, good luck with trying to compete with a an established and popular FREE & OPEN SOURCE community.
I'm not about to give up hard earned cash buying DAMY-FX's profiles for either NAM or AIDA-X when there are so very many great FREE profiles for NAM. But hey that's just me....maybe you'll get lucky and make the big bucks. I could sit around, and be a "sound designer", "preset maker", or "profile capturer. I've been doing that for decades.....for free. But, personally, I'd rather make and record music.

But hey, it's a free market and, I hear, there's a sucker born every minute.

Best of luck.

CapnLockheed wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:23 pm
spunktsch wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:02 pm
Well.....sorry for assuming that Damy had something to do with the app seeing as how it's a FREE download on THEIR site with no mention of "AIDA DSP" being the actual developer. It would appear that both your company and Damy are more about banking on the hard work of others than coding anything original:

https://aidadsp.github.io/2020/06/07/im ... -roms.html

Regardless, no matter who ACTUALLY developed the APP.....the fact that there is currently just, AFAIK, just ONE paid preset pack. NAM is not only open source, but has a HUGE community producing FREE presets.....so again, once again, good luck with trying to compete with a an established and popular FREE & OPEN SOURCE community.
I'm not about to give up hard earned cash buying DAMY-FX's profiles for either NAM or AIDA-X when there are so very many great FREE profiles for NAM. But hey that's just me....maybe you'll get lucky and make the big bucks. I could sit around, and be a "sound designer", "preset maker", or "profile capturer. I've been doing that for decades.....for free. But, personally, I'd rather make and record music.

But hey, it's a free market and, I hear, there's a sucker born every minute.

Best of luck.
I found about 2/3 of NAM profiles unusable and among the good ones, a lot of overlap. Nothing wrong with charging for something you worked hard on. People are doing commercial Tonex captures as well. Of course this would happen.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

There are thousands of free Kemper profiles.
The bulk of those are terrible.
Can be a rabbit-hole just checking out profiles/captures.
I'd rather spend that time creating my own.
Jim Roseberry
Purrrfect Audio
www.studiocat.com
jim@studiocat.com

I only rarely go into Tonex.net for new captures.
I get carried away with 'the more the merrier' especially when they're free, but I've got at least 50-75 great captures above what came with Tonex. Searching for 'tone' is about the equivalent of surfing presets, which may be interesting, but doesn't get any music made.
I joined a Tonex gp on FB. Mostly people hawking their own captures. I unjoined.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:10 pm I only rarely go into Tonex.net for new captures.
I get carried away with 'the more the merrier' especially when they're free, but I've got at least 50-75 great captures above what came with Tonex. Searching for 'tone' is about the equivalent of surfing presets, which may be interesting, but doesn't get any music made.
I joined a Tonex gp on FB. Mostly people hawking their own captures. I unjoined.
The NAM Facebook group is like a cult. I couldn’t handle it.

I do like finding interesting captures, though. I build it into how I practice and it helps keep me interested in playing scales and whatnot, while I try out captures of a pedal I’ve never heard of. Will I ever go to those sounds again? Maybe not, but it helps pass the time.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Jim Roseberry wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:10 pm There are thousands of free Kemper profiles.
Well, we all don’t have amps around, so the commercial packs can be very helpful. If there’s one thing I’ve learned having a Kemper and going though NAM and Tonex profiles, is that most people do not know how to mic a cabinet.
Zerocrossing Media

If there’s one thing I’ve learned having a Kemper and going though NAM and Tonex profiles, is that most people do not know how to mic a cabinet.
That is certainly true. The Line6 Helix custom tone user library is another good example. It's also true that having both bad and good profiles available help distinguish those that are actually good and also helps determine what the modeler in question is actually capable of. Fortunately, I have more than enough real amps and cabs that I don't need
to rely on modelers at all. That being said I also have and use many hardware and software sims. I also have a lot of synths...that I program myself. I don't really need
any commercial captures, presets, or synth patches. I prefer to roll my own. If there's
an amp I want to capture that I don't already own, I can usually find a fellow musician to lend me theirs.

I spend enough money on gear. I'm not going to pay someone else to do my homework
as well. But, that being said, I realize that not everyone has the experience, skill...or patience to learn how to fully use their own gear. That's part of the reason romplers became popular in the first place. So, if there's a market for it fine. I don't begrudge anyone to ability to make a buck off those willing pay for such things. But that's not me.

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:27 pm
Jim Roseberry wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:10 pm There are thousands of free Kemper profiles.
Well, we all don’t have amps around, so the commercial packs can be very helpful. If there’s one thing I’ve learned having a Kemper and going though NAM and Tonex profiles, is that most people do not know how to mic a cabinet.
Valid point about not having amp/s to profile/capture.
You're absolutely right, many folks could benefit from learning how to mic a cab.
It's a fundamental skill that's getting a bit lost with the proliferation of modelers/IRs/etc.
Jim Roseberry
Purrrfect Audio
www.studiocat.com
jim@studiocat.com

Jim Roseberry wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:57 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:27 pm
Valid point about not having amp/s to profile/capture.
You're absolutely right, many folks could benefit from learning how to mic a cab.
It's a fundamental skill that's getting a bit lost with the proliferation of modelers/IRs/etc.
Maybe, but that seems like teaching people to develop film and do chemical printing. Maybe good to give a bit of background on it, but unlikely most people comfortable using modelers and amp capturing devices will require it, unless they really need to capture their own amps. The biggest issue I hear is that people are micing cabs in very live rooms, and while that can sound great on a recording, it makes for a crap capture.
Zerocrossing Media

I've never heard of AIDA-X before so I tried it out and I liked it a lot. Much less CPU intensive than N.A.M. And thanks to the OP for making what are the only high gain models I've seen (so far) for this plugin. Hopefully it becomes more popular so that more people will come to it and make & share more models for it in the future.

Return to “Guitars”