cold out here - *climate*

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yikes

this is not very substantial, obv. but I determined <around 2 minutes> by my cut of the sea sample which was as long as it took an Absynth channel to play out. The sounds I chose are the reason for the music. it's all my first impulse as what to do.

So I had gotten to where I considered this just a lot of nothing.

I was admitted to hospital on Jun 03, still in here. There were a couple of spots that had to be corrected so I got in there today and did the thing. I think it's worth, now. As an opener to a set, like sans strategie or something but it mainly has such a sound.

There were project files that wouldn't play back for shit today ("Memory Pressure"). This one, original date Jun 02, runs in real time with zero issues. On my little M1 Macbook Air, 8GB :P

It was good to finally hear this in full stereo, with fully functional bass :) The drums really came to life.

Good work :)

thx
yeah, there really is a lot of nothin with no LH in the bass there at the beginning.

opposite of yer normal orchestral configurashum.

I put a little more of the low drums. There should be a lot more but I don't know how much more she kin take cap'n. this more of a finished first draft; needs more enveloping, less at center. I need to play with automating the "Spread" parameter, so starting with basically the "Main Center" mic, which is the mono center of a 'Decca Tree' and wrapping around the sides.

<starting w. less of the center omni mic>
so we did some things. This is obsession, I'm gonna have to call it a day. Fortunately it really is about done. There is one cymbals roll that initially sucked so bad it had to be erased. There's an ocean wave accompanied by the wind in Geosonics 2 the "Suspended Cymbals" ensemble follows [and] that sounds right finally but it overwhelms the wind rush. 'tis always thus with me and cymbals.

So the percussion in more than one aspect is much more robust. The low drums in the climax are musically just boring af but now it's such a dangerous rumble its noise profile is compelling to me. Gahd was I sick of that.
Crossing over into a noise over musicality aesthetic for this stuff. has to happen, I gotta be free
free as the wind

Crank it and let yer neighbors know it's the bloody end
Last edited by jancivil on Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Free is when you don't have to pay for nothing or do nothing

Return to “Music Cafe”