Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uncle E wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:25 am
gryzor wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:45 am :/ impossible to buy something from jrrshop ( from France) , the deal are locked to US ?
Which company are you trying to buy? It may be a mistake on our side, I'll try to fix it.
xils lab

Hello all,
I am selling my license for Presonus Studio one 4 if anyone is interested.
I might also consider selling my Waves platnum bundle...

Vleker wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:35 am Arturia FX Collection 4 is out now. As an owner of V Collection 9 my crossgrade is $99
Are you sure the crossgrade is because of V Collection 9? Because during such releases, the crossgrades are from the effects only and owning instruments doesn't influence the prices. You can verify this by going to My Products and see under what product this crossgrade is listed.

Just asking for general awareness of the offer. :)

plasmonic is 99 eur at the moment at https://rhizomatic.fr , in case someone is not aware of it.
member of the guild of professional dilettantes.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:59 am
Vleker wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:35 am Arturia FX Collection 4 is out now. As an owner of V Collection 9 my crossgrade is $99
Are you sure the crossgrade is because of V Collection 9? Because during such releases, the crossgrades are from the effects only and owning instruments doesn't influence the prices. You can verify this by going to My Products and see under what product this crossgrade is listed.

It doesn't show up under any of the items there. I do own V9 and Pigments + the freebies from the FX collection so it could be any of those.

Vleker wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:49 pm

It doesn't show up under any of the items there. I do own V9 and Pigments + the freebies from the FX collection so it could be any of those.
Okay, thanks. It's likely from your free effects then.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:36 pm

Could be as well. It's a pretty good deal either way but I'm not sure yet if I should go for it. I have a lot of FX from basically every brand. The new Lexicon seems pretty good and there is some cool stuff in there but with 700 plug-ins on my drive I'm not sure I can justify getting more FX :help:
I was looking at Dimension D from UAD though which is €48 so the FX collection is a bargain for sure.

gryzor wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:35 am
Uncle E wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:25 am
gryzor wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:45 am :/ impossible to buy something from jrrshop ( from France) , the deal are locked to US ?
Which company are you trying to buy? It may be a mistake on our side, I'll try to fix it.
xils lab
That's strange. I don't see anything that would be causing the issue. I'll PM you.

Vleker wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:26 pm

Could be as well. It's a pretty good deal either way but I'm not sure yet if I should go for it. I have a lot of FX from basically every brand. The new Lexicon seems pretty good and there is some cool stuff in there but with 700 plug-ins on my drive I'm not sure I can justify getting more FX :help:
I was looking at Dimension D from UAD though which is €48 so the FX collection is a bargain for sure.
I'm the same way, I have FX from IK, NI and Waves and I'm thinking that if I cant do what I need with those..I need to hang it up. I'm really surprised at the resurgent interest in the Dimension D. I had a real one in my guitar fx rack for years and felt there was nothing special about it at all. Even in my studio it was a 2u waste of space for the very mild chorus. Maybe vst re imaginings are souped up in some way

Kurdish Mayfield wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:58 pm I'm really surprised at the resurgent interest in the Dimension D. I had a real one in my guitar fx rack for years and felt there was nothing special about it at all. Even in my studio it was a 2u waste of space for the very mild chorus. Maybe vst re imaginings are souped up in some way
The Dimension D plugin is super subtle, too. The CE-1, OTOH, has an added Dual mode where both sides are modulated (great sounding and very useful). Personally, I use the CE-1 all the time and almost never use the Dimension D.

Vleker wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:26 pm

I get it. We all are in the same boat. Arturia offers a lot of value for the price though. Some of their newer effects are excellent. And FWIW, I personally liked Arturia's Dimension D better than UAD one.

If you like a few of Arturia effects and you think you will use them (no pun intended) over others, $99 is a great deal. If not, you can obviously save the money for something else.

How is the CPU usage from the Arturia FX Collection on Apple Silicon? I've read that it's pretty high. It's also a factor to consider I suppose.

Anyone else having problems registering Tracktion Hyperion purchased at JRR-shop? The serial seems to already have been registered.

Uncle E wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:57 am
Kurdish Mayfield wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:58 pm I'm really surprised at the resurgent interest in the Dimension D. I had a real one in my guitar fx rack for years and felt there was nothing special about it at all. Even in my studio it was a 2u waste of space for the very mild chorus. Maybe vst re imaginings are souped up in some way
The Dimension D plugin is super subtle, too. The CE-1, OTOH, has an added Dual mode where both sides are modulated (great sounding and very useful). Personally, I use the CE-1 all the time and almost never use the Dimension D.
I use Overloud's Modula version. It has dual chorus (left/right) with LFO, EQ, envelope following, and more - plus oversampling. It sounds positively great, and is one of my 2 or 3 favorite software chorus plugins (also ChorX and Syntorus). Picked it up for $25 or so months ago on sale.

vitocorleone123 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:39 pm
I use Overloud's Modula version. It has dual chorus (left/right) with LFO, EQ, envelope following, and more - plus oversampling. It sounds positively great, and is one of my 2 or 3 favorite software chorus plugins (also ChorX and Syntorus). Picked it up for $25 or so months ago on sale.
Overloud Modula is great and flexible, I also recommend it. But I took UAD Dimension D anyway because of this nice sale and I like its ease to set.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”