Native instruments summer of sound is here

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Went from K12U to K14 standard some timo ago, mainly because of K7.

Pretty dissapointed with it, not much of an upgrade, compared to K6. I'm actually uninstalling lots of NI libraries because I simply do not use them.

The ones I do use* I like a lot, so it's not all bad news.

* Mostly older stuff plus Cuba/India libraries

noiseboyuk wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:47 am
emulator01 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:36 am I am on Komplete 13CE and I don't need all the new stuff from Komplete 14CE.
Is my understanding right to update only Kontakt from 6 to 7 is possible without loosing the K13CE licence for a future upgrade to K15CE?
Yup.

In fact I think you could update to a lower tier of Komplete - Standard - and still not lose the upgradeability of the K13CE license, which is policy change on NI's side. This wasn't possible before.
That's right. I went from U to Standard but can upgrade to U or CE as a U owner, even if it's the older version than my Standard one.

kjtempleton wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:40 pm Has anyone had much experience with NI Lores?
Only an initial play, but it sounded superb. Definitely the star of the show in the last few years, with the caveat that it is squarely aimed at scoring, so not really a general purpose tool.

It keeps all the composition with the composer, but offers seemingly limitless instrumentation options that sound like real, non-conventional but non-sound-designy. Hard to describe, but check out an online demo video or two for the flavour.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Instruments like Lores just scream for MPE playbility. Here is to hoping that NI brings MPE into Kontakt in version...9.

deleted
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I was being ironic.

You can already create MPE instruments in Kontakt.
Ashlight has MPE support.

When you buy Komplete 14 Standard (and higher tier), you get Komplete 14 PA Bundle (for Plugin Alliance). Can you sell/give the serial key to someone that wants it? I cannot find what exactly this bundle contains and if it has anything good.

Shunten wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:40 pm When you buy Komplete 14 Standard (and higher tier), you get Komplete 14 PA Bundle (for Plugin Alliance). Can you sell/give the serial key to someone that wants it? I cannot find what exactly this bundle contains and if it has anything good.
You can give/sell it, but first make sure it is not already automatically registered in your NI account. I observed that when I bought K14 last year, the PA bundle serial was shown in my NI account under my products section.

You can also verify at the link below if your PA serial/redeem key is working:

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/activate.html

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:51 pm
Shunten wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:40 pm When you buy Komplete 14 Standard (and higher tier), you get Komplete 14 PA Bundle (for Plugin Alliance). Can you sell/give the serial key to someone that wants it? I cannot find what exactly this bundle contains and if it has anything good.
You can give/sell it, but first make sure it is not already automatically registered in your NI account. I observed that when I bought K14 last year, the PA bundle serial was shown in my NI account under my products section.

Mhmm, it appears on the " Third party products" on my N-I account that I can see all the serial keys, but it's not on my "Registered Products" yet.

Just like with Ableton Lite, I still haven't registered them but I am not sure if they will go to my "Registered Products" once I activate these serial keys.
But yeah, I also verified it on the plugin-alliance, I put the key and it worked, then I removed the key, re-applied the key and it works and I can see the discount.

Shunten wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:11 pm

Mhmm, it appears on the " Third party products" on my N-I account that I can see all the serial keys, but it's not on my "Registered Products" yet.

Just like with Ableton Lite, I still haven't registered them but I am not sure if they will go to my "Registered Products" once I activate these serial keys.
But yeah, I also verified it on the plugin-alliance, I put the key and it worked, then I removed the key, re-applied the key and it works and I can see the discount.
It won't be in your registered products list because it is not a NI product. The third party products are just shown there as a reference that you either bought them on NI website or got free with a NI product. For my case, the serial number appeared as you showed and when I verified at the link I posted above, the serial/redeem key did not work.

So, just make sure the key works. If it does, you could take a chance to sell/give it to someone.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:22 pm
Shunten wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:11 pm

It won't be in your registered products list because it is not a NI product. The third party products are just shown there as a reference that you either bought them on NI website or got free with a NI product. For my case, the serial number appeared as you showed and when I verified at the link I posted above, the serial/redeem key did not work.

So, just make sure the key works. If it does, you could take a chance to sell/give it to someone.
I see, thanks! Last question since you also got that bundle when you bought K14, you use that Bundle serial key, and then you can choose one of the selected plugins from PA for a discounted price of $29.99, right?

Shunten wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:32 pm I see, thanks! Last question since you also got that bundle when you bought K14, you use that Bundle serial key, and then you can choose one of the selected plugins from PA for a discounted price of $29.99, right?
*quotes trimmed for brevity*

Glad to be of any help. IIRC, there are two types that you get: one is a bundle of select PA plugins and the other is codes (1x/2x/3x) to get any plugins of your choice for $29.99. So, I think the discussion so far was about the PA bundle with pre-selected plugins. Please check your emails from NI and double check you've got both types. I got K14CE, so I got both types. I assume you get both for all Komplete bundles, but with varying quantities.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:56 pm Glad to be of any help. IIRC, there are two types that you get: one is a bundle of select PA plugins and the other is codes (1x/2x/3x) to get any plugins of your choice for $29.99. So, I think the discussion so far was about the PA bundle with pre-selected plugins. Please check your emails from NI and double check you've got both types. I got K14CE, so I got both types. I assume you get both for all Komplete bundles, but with varying quantities.
Yeah, it's a bit confusing. On email I only got this:

And when I put the serial key on PA, I get that big 797$ discount but I don't proceed because I dont know if I wanna use that key or give it/sell it.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... undle.html

And then on this website it says:
You are probably here because you have received one or several "Buy Any PA Plugin for $29.99" voucher(s) from NI as part of your new K14 Bundle. Thank you for checking out Plugin Alliance!
Pick only 1 plugin & use only 1 voucher code per order!

What the cart value of $0 means is that you basically got the code to get that particular bundle valued "$797" for free. So, that's the bundle part. Since that code is working as you have just shown, you could sell it if you want.

The last quoted part above is what I mean about the second type. Here you will get code that you can enter in the cart after adding the plugin of your choice so that you get it for $29.99. This is different than the bundle thing above.

Hope this clarifies it.

Return to “Instruments”