Installing Kontakt on an old Mac G5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I got hold of a very old iMac G5 and was wondering if I can install an old Kontakt Version....
(I have a full Komplete license and I see a Serrial even for Kontakt 1.5...)

My idea is to get some old akai sample disk and convert them using K2 or K3, since newer version cannot do it...

Only issue is...I cannot find where to download old Kontakt Versions for Mas OS 10.5 (leopard).
The only availabe option I get is "Download via Native Access" which I believe I cannot install on such an old OS

Download Previous Versions of NI Software
Source: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArtic ... AG&l=en-US

Does this article point you in the right direction?

thanks but no... The oldest version I can find for Native Access if for OSX 10.6 and I have 10.5 installed on this old mac...

i need to find *very* old versions, this iMac is from 2005 so I was looking for something that worked about 15 years ago or so...if it still exists...

Not possible. You need Native Access to activate it and the farthest back you can go with that is 10.9.

If you're OK running it in demo mode that's a different story.
Image Image Image Image

updates for those old versions would have come from Service Center, which i think now has been completely turned off.

and the only way to get the installer is going to be from a DVD image.

autodafe wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:06 pmMy idea is to get some old akai sample disk and convert them using K2 or K3, since newer version cannot do it...
AFAIK up to NI Kontakt 5.8.1 (final version) does still support AKAI CD-Rom import.
Source: http://zine.r-massive.com/importing-leg ... kontakt-5/

Can't you just install Kontakt 5.8.1 full version on a newer Mac or Windows PC?

actually I thought that AKAI CD Import had been dropped long before....

My newsest mac is a Mac MIni M2 and doesn't have a CD anymore...
I have kept K5, K6 and now K7 installed to develop Sample LIbraries...

Will try this option on an old MacBook I still have somewhere...thanks

Return to “Instruments”