VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A new kid on the WT block: https://www.bleass.com/megalit/

I may have missed things from my test but it seemed:
lfos in bipolar only,
the two envelope modulators are adsr only,
multiple modulation destinations, but each modulator seemed to be limited to no more than 2 destinations,
the filter section is limited,
there seemed to be no way to import one's own wavetables.

I did like the Performance set up page for things such as velocity slope.

-- deleted --

Very click intensive. Filter env? Click tab. Unison? Another tab. Amp env? Another tab. Modulation, more tabs. Seems like it was designed more for touchscreen than desktop use.

CPU?

h66 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:06 pmCPU?
It is quite heavy if you use the presets, but if you start fron scratch, it should be fine.

I made a video about it! Like all BLEASS plugins it sounds great. I'd like to see a few features added (wavetable import, spectral distortion modes, etc.) Overall it's a solid choice and at the intro price, definitely worth checking out.

https://youtu.be/cUW2qx5Axek
S1gns Of L1fe
Ambient Music Producer | Content Creator

Yup, that sure is a synthesizer. Don't know why anyone would buy it when Vital is free but whatever makes people happy I guess.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

I like the interfaces of BLEASS plugins. My vision is crap, and I find them easy to get oriented with. Tabs end up being okay in my situation because there's less on one screen to focus on.

My only disappointment is that Megalit doesn't import user wavetables. It just seems like an odd omission. Otherwise, I have it on my tablet and will look into it on desktop. I'm glad people like Vital, but that one didn't click with me.

Vortifex wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:11 pm Very click intensive. Filter env? Click tab. Unison? Another tab. Amp env? Another tab. Modulation, more tabs. Seems like it was designed more for touchscreen than desktop use.
I don't mind the "click-intensive" aspect at all, as the layout is very streamlined & easy to read. It only takes a nano-second to click on each tab...don't see why this is a problem.
BLEASS's unusual layout, was most likely due to it coming from an iOS format.

Korg Supporter wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:40 pm
h66 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:06 pmCPU?
It is quite heavy if you use the presets, but if you start fron scratch, it should be fine.
It's funny that BLEASS advertises exceptional CPU efficiency & you are stating otherwise? I tried the demo & did not experience any overload. However...I did not try multiple instances in a single DAW session(though BLEASS does claim that multiple instances will perform just fine.)

Greenstorm33 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:18 am Yup, that sure is a synthesizer. Don't know why anyone would buy it when Vital is free but whatever makes people happy I guess.
Yeah....vital is free, but it only comes with 75 presets & no FM engine. Vital is a fantastic synth & a great value, but definitely a different wavetable synth in terms of sonic methods & layout.
Also...as much as I love Vital, I have found it to be very CPU-intensive & it's unusable on my PC.So...for people who need CPU-efficient plugins, BLEASS is perfect.

Return to “Instruments”