2%
Skin 12
36%
Skin 13
17%

Total votes: 321

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:59 am I think that 12 is probably the least "Tone 2" style skin and hence might not be their favorite...
Yes, totally agree. It would seem way out of place with their trademark look IMO.
Teksonik wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:59 am As has been mentioned it doesn't really matter to me which is default as long as there is a choice that fits my eye. We can switch to whichever one we like the first time we load the plugin and never look back.

The default GUI's main purpose is to entice new users to purchase or existing users to upgrade. I don't envy Tone 2 the task of deciding which one will accomplish that task the best when opinions can vary so wildly.
Agreed again. It seems that too many people in this thread are arguing for the one they would prefer to use, rather than the one that would appeal to the masses, most of whom are not KVR members. My instinct says that brighter and more colorful = more mass appeal = more sales, but I'm not a graphic designer, marketing executive, or software developer, so what do I know? :shrug:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

I thought Markus was done with all of this stuff? Anyway, I think they are all a little garish, I don't find any of them appealing at all. They don't look "serious", if you know what I mean. They remind me of something half-arsed someone might have done in SynthEdit or something.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I really like 12! :)

To me, Skin 12 looks like a smarter, less "in your face", modernised version of the traditional Icarus look. It wins my vote by a large margin.
I was late to the party with Icarus, but it has become my basic template synth. I could happily have Skin 12 on my screen all day without getting a headache, but that would not apply to nearly all the other skins.

BONES wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:48 pm They remind me of something half-arsed someone might have done in SynthEdit or something.
You mean like these? :lol:

https://plugins4free.com/dev/163/
BONES wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:48 pm I think they are all a little garish, I don't find any of them appealing at all.
Irony....again. :roll:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

cryophonik wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:39 pm
Teksonik wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:59 am I think that 12 is probably the least "Tone 2" style skin and hence might not be their favorite...
Yes, totally agree. It would seem way out of place with their trademark...
12 was the first one they posted in the Icarus 3 announcement thread (slight color change) so they probably dont mind it.

Teksonik wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:36 amYou mean like these? :lol:
Yes, pretty much. Free GUIs from 20 years ago v $150 GUI from 2024.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:48 pm I thought Markus was done with all of this stuff? Anyway, I think they are all a little garish, I don't find any of them appealing at all. They don't look "serious", if you know what I mean. They remind me of something half-arsed someone might have done in SynthEdit or something.
It's a rare day that BONES and I share a POV.

They are all too busy but 7 and 12 to me are the least visually distracting of them all. Too many colours and light sources for most of them

aMUSEd wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:32 pm They are all too busy but 7 and 12 to me are the least visually distracting of them all. Too many colours and light sources for most of them
Considering most of the controls are on 1 page (and there are a lot), i actually think they did quite a good job. Also, resizing this thing is a must (which is possible luckily).

@Tone2 Synthesizers How come there is no Icarus demo for Mac?

We are a tiny company and we have limited resources.
There will be a demo of Icarus3 for mac soon
We do not have a support forum on kvr. Please refer to our offical location: https://www.tone2.com/faq.html

Tone2 Synthesizers wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:36 am We are a tiny company and we have limited resources.
There will be a demo of Icarus3 for mac soon
Cheers Marcus. I mean for the current version of Icarus 2 I don't see a demo download for Mac?

The demo mode was partially broken and the demo version had compatibility problems in a few DAWs. It did not longer output sound after the demo timeout was over. The full version was and is is not affected by it. It did not make sense to release an update with a fix for the demo of v2.x as v3.0 will be out very soon.
I must point out that there have been drastic enhancements in Icarus3 especially on Mac. V2.x did not fully support hiDpi. The text and the images of the GUI were blurry, animation was slow and everything looked quite ugly.
As mentioned before: There will be a properly working demo for Mac soon. I am sure you won't be disappointed by Icarus3. It is absolutely awesome
We do not have a support forum on kvr. Please refer to our offical location: https://www.tone2.com/faq.html

Cheers Marcus. Just an FYI; the Icarus 1.6 offered with CM music magazine also has Mac Problems as It won't pass validation in Logic Pro.

Return to “Instruments”