Kuassa Efektor Echolyte - Bucket Brigade Echo/Delay

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Adding more into the Efektor series, Kuassa brings you Efektor Echolyte, an echo/delay plugin developed to infuse your tracks with the vintage warmth and character of classic BBD (bucket brigade delay) units, known for its hazy, dark, and warm repeats. Drawing inspiration from the analog circuits of yesteryears, Echolyte delivers an authentic experience, raising your tone to a realm where rich and organic echoes reign supreme.

Kuassa Efektor Echolyte captures the essence from three most sought analog delay pedals, offering a distinct tone with smooth, musical repeats. From subtle, ethereal ambience to lush, cascading repeats, Kuassa Efektor Echolyte empowers you to sculpt your sound with precision and finesse.

Three models of bucket brigade echo/delay, each with its unique character and tone.

https://www.kuassa.com/products/efektor-echolyte-delay/
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

The 3 modes are: B I M
But they don't say what they are.

I am assuming:

Boss DM-2
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M118 Analog Delay (or M169 Carbon Copy?)

Any other guesses?

Unless they castrated Memory Man Deluxe in features and somehow stuffed it in here, I'd say Carbon Copy.

Bulat79 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:24 pm Unless they castrated Memory Man Deluxe in features and somehow stuffed it in here, I'd say Carbon Copy.
Yeah, I'm definitely thinking some kind of MXR.
But the Carbon Copy has only been around since 2008. The M-118 Analog Delay was produced from 1976 to 1984, and is more of a classic.

So...what's the opinion on this company? I've never heard of them, but the DM-2 is one of my all-time favourite pedals, so I'm real tempted...

jamcat wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:18 pmYeah, I'm definitely thinking some kind of MXR.
But the Carbon Copy has only been around since 2008. The M-118 Analog Delay was produced from 1976 to 1984, and is more of a classic.
You can call Carbon Copy a modern classic. In 10 years they'll start calling it vintage. I mean, in the early 90's they were already looking for those Mistresses and CE-1's and PolyChorus, EchoFlanger and stuff, only about 15 years old at that point. And it was already "oh, remember that classic shit from like 1976-1978, that shit sounded so good". And it was around 1991-1992 when that classic shit got relevant again after years of 80's digital racks.

So that stuff wasn't really old and "vintage" at that point as it is now. 15 years, maybe 17-18 years max, not even full twenty. And they already were going nuts "oh that old shit from the 70's, so good man". But those were still modern classics at the time, just as Carbon Copy is today.

Albeit, 118 thingy is closer to DM-2 and AD-9 chronologically, so you may have a point here.

I never gelled with 118 for some reason. OK reggae box, but if I want reggae delay, I go for Roland SE straight.
shatteredmindofbob wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:28 pm So...what's the opinion on this company? I've never heard of them
Living under a rock much for the past 20 years, bubba? You've never heard of Kuassa, really? Gimme a break. Do you know what VST is at least or you're still on Pentium III, loading DirectX plugins? We also have VST3 now, you know, and also forks and knives to eat the food, bourgeois toilet paper instead of dry burdock and leaves from where were you again? A lonely man cave deep in the Romanian mountains.. Right.

My opinion is they're hit or miss, particularly when it comes to modeling real gear.

The POG2 (Harmonitron) and Whammy (Whammo) models are great! Buy now :?

But the Bass Driver sounds nothing like a SansAmp to me. I haven't dove into the Moon Muffin or GrandMaster plugins much yet, but from the little I have, I get the feeling they were phoned in, with just some simple EQ curves applied to create the different pedal versions you can choose.

And the free 7-band EQ sounds bad, nothing like a BOSS GE-7, with a weird high-shelf for the 6.4kHz band, which is bizarrely mislabeled as 5.4kHz.

The older Efektor Chorus, Flanger, and Phaser plugins sound pretty good, and may or may not be trying to model specific pedals. If they are, they're pretty loose. The Wah appears to be trying to model several specific wah pedals, and is also pretty loose.

That brings us to the Echolyte, which also seems to be trying to model specific pedals, but again, seems they may also be a bit loosely modeled, and merely shaped with some EQ curves. Which might be why they won't come out and say what they're supposed to be models of.

In a lot of ways, Kuassa reminds me of Cherry Audio: churned-out releases of loosely-based models with hit or miss quality.

Maybe it's just me being blind

But releasing a delay plug, and then don't care
to mention maximum delay time, and no manual

They right away made me feel so tired that I don't
even consider to check it out anymore :dog:
HM

HM wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:28 am Maybe it's just me being blind

Manual says 300 ms max delay time with sync off.

Bulat79 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:10 am
HM wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:28 am Maybe it's just me being blind

Manual says 300 ms max delay time with sync off.
Thanks 👍
HM

Return to “Effects”