This is it! Bösendorfer 280VC for PIANOTEQ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Yay!
member of the guild of professional dilettantes.

At last!

sounds great :)
EXT3 - FL Studio 24 | Surge - Discovery PRO - Classic Boxes Collection - U-he Filterscape - NI Massive - NI Kontour - NI Spark - JP6K - Variety of Sound

Definitely sounds like a piano

Nice but also a bit annoying as I upgraded to the Studio Bundle end of 22 but then they didn't release a single pack until now so I am past the date for getting it free

I’m actually impressed with this one, nicely done.
member of the guild of professional dilettantes.

Let me be the first to ask: when do we get the 290 Imperial?

When do we get the F308 by Fazioli?

I'm sorry but I still find something uncanny to the sound, like a codec problem or something that makes the piano incapable of maintaining its own spectral coherence. A long time ago, it was the attack that Pianoteq couldn't handle correctly. Now it's the sustain part that seems out of this world, floating above.
If this exact Bosendorfer piano sound had been presented as a sample library, I'm quite sure most people wouldn't bite. It sounds dead as a horse skeleton, like : "hey, no round robins ?!?"...
The Grotrian model still is the one that convinced me the most : I was on the fence with this one, just about to bite. This one has something wild to it.
Just a simple potential user feedback...
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

It’s very impressive, but the only way I can describe my problem with Pianoteq is that it isn’t “pretty” sounding to me. It sounds kind of one dimensional. Now that I’m familiar with generative AI (ChatGPT, udio, etc), I would lump Pianoteq in with AI, in the way that it’s amazing, but lifeless.

It so happens I was re-exploring my Steinberg Grand 3 pianos and Kontakt Cinesamples Piano in Blue last night. I downloaded and played this all morning and found it very hard to pull away from it. It's beauty and playability is fantastic. For my technique and tastes, Pianoteq 8 is my favorite and closest to the real thing and gets better and better with each addition and version. Of course I'll be waiting to see what else is in this development cycle as I've learned to always wait for the next version to upgrade. But it's definitely in my will acquire list.

Pianoteq is a raw instrument, like a real piano. It's not a polished and produced recording like you get with a sample library.

When you use Pianoteq, you need to do your own production. It's up to you to make it sound pretty. Just like a real engineer would do when recording a real piano.

abernathy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:23 pm It’s very impressive, but the only way I can describe my problem with Pianoteq is that it isn’t “pretty” sounding to me. It sounds kind of one dimensional. Now that I’m familiar with generative AI (ChatGPT, udio, etc), I would lump Pianoteq in with AI, in the way that it’s amazing, but lifeless.
The whole point of physical modelling is it has more life because the instrument plays like a real instrument, not a dead recording of an instrument. This is nothing like AI, in fact it's the complete opposite, AI takes away control from the human, physical modelling enables it. It is an instrument that is responsive and expressive and it can be as beautiful as the emotion you put into it.

abernathy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:23 pm It’s very impressive, but the only way I can describe my problem with Pianoteq is that it isn’t “pretty” sounding to me. It sounds kind of one dimensional. Now that I’m familiar with generative AI (ChatGPT, udio, etc), I would lump Pianoteq in with AI, in the way that it’s amazing, but lifeless.
As others said you need to do your own production. Imagine you were recording a real piano.

You should also set the condition slider to 0.5 (at least that’s where I like it).

Try Blüthner as well. Studio BA preset.

Tell me that it’s still lifeless :)

Return to “Instruments”