XILS synths all on sale! I read good things about them but.. do I really need them?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey212 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:01 pm I've been reporting a bug to them for about 6 months and haven't received a single reply, so I'm out. Whoever replies here first can have my license. I would sell it but I don't trust them to help with the transfer in a timely manner and I don't want to be on the hook for their poor support.
I reported a bug and they fixed the same week
Everyone have his own experience with any support.

No problems. But this is sad.

I got the PolyKB in the end.. I also found a lot of patches here and there..
I'm really tempted to try others like the XILS V+ and other strings and vocoders as people wrote above. (they're still all on sale)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv9sODO38_A

Impressive. Although I should check how this is different from my Crumar Trilogy strings :D

I'm considering the purchase of the XILS 4, but I'm wondering : with the iLOK protection, do I require an internet connection every time I want to start using the synth ?

Vince wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:05 am I'm considering the purchase of the XILS 4, but I'm wondering : with the iLOK protection, do I require an internet connection every time I want to start using the synth ?
When you put it in the cart it states iLok 1, 2, 3 or soft. I use iLok 3 dongle. Soft I assume is the option locked to your machine.

Hello,
Here are a few information about iLok (I guess you can find more on their website):

iLok is a software licensing protection developed by PACE Anti-Piracy.

For the customer, all is done with the iLok License Manager: Creating the license when the iLok code is received, managing the licenses (transfer, resell, delete ...), authorizing your computers or iLok devices (dongles).

Once your computer or iLok device is authorized, you don't need an internet connection to run your synthesizers.

Up to two computers or iLok devices are allowed per XILS-lab licenses. Freeing a location is easily done within the iLok License Manager.

This is a SAFE solution without known major issues, always updated by PACE anti-Piracy.

Anyway, if anything happen with your licenses, XILS-lab is always happy to help, even to replace your licenses in needed (lost or broken dongle for instance).
Just contact us with our contact form.

Best regards
Xavier OUDIN
XILS-lab

www.xils-lab.com

Gam456 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:50 pm
hey212 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:01 pm I've been reporting a bug to them for about 6 months and haven't received a single reply, so I'm out. Whoever replies here first can have my license. I would sell it but I don't trust them to help with the transfer in a timely manner and I don't want to be on the hook for their poor support.
Usually when you don't hear anything at all back, it's because the reply got filtered as Spam. Most companies at least have an automated reply to confirm they've received the email, so if you didn't even receive that something is probably wrong with your email service.

If you're just looking for a VCS 3, then XILS 3 LE uses a simple serial protection.
Image Image Image Image

AdvancedFollower wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:50 pm
Gam456 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:50 pm
Usually when you don't hear anything at all back, it's because the reply got filtered as Spam. Most companies at least have an automated reply to confirm they've received the email, so if you didn't even receive that something is probably wrong with your email service.
What are you talking about ?

I do like PolyKB III very much as it creates such a big smooth analogue sound from the three VCO's and two VCF's ... but I am biased after delving into it to produce a sound bank :wink:

Return to “Instruments”