Kontakt X and the end of Reaktor?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

VOODOO U wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:29 pm
IvyBirds wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:22 pm Awesome analogy so I will ask again what features would this new NI DAW have that are so awesome
You don't think it would be awesome if the full capabilities of Maschine were implemented into the DAW?
Nope not at all since you can run Machine standalone already or in a DAW
You don't think it would be awesome if Kore capabilities were implemented into the browser so user patches can be made utilizing *all* plugins, as well as MIDI and audio files?
Based on how crappy Kore works now and how crappy the patch browser system works with NI products nope
You don't think it would be awesome if audio tracks have standard recording features as well as all of Traktor's capabilities for DJ performances?
What would be the advantage of that since most DAW users are not DJs and the DJ market is already well served?
You don't think it would be awesome if Reaktor's modular capabilities were implemented into the DAW? We're talking transforming Reaktor from a plugin into a major implementation of a digital audio workstation.
Why not just continue to developed reactor as a product? The whole point of this thread is that it has become abandonware
You don't think it would be awesome that one could have all NI plugins - including izotope - when going with the "Pro" version?
You can do that now no NI DAW needed
Feel this one out, you can use whatever outside plugins you like with this DAW. Use whatever you like that's not NI.
You can already use NI and any other plugins you want in pretty much any DAW now
And your main foundation - going with the Pro version of this DAW - contains *all* the capabilties of EVERYTHING that is Native Instruments.
I already have that with Cubase
Yeah well there's a big difference between an engine block with 8 cylinders inside an airplane versus a car. Basically, Ford was "crazy" coming up with the idea. As artist Seal states, we're never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy.
If you are going to use historical analogies please be accurate and stop embarrassing yourself. In 1914 Cadillac started producing mass produced V8 engines for consumers in cars and they sold tens of thousands of them ever year, when WW1 started they made cars for the American Military using V8 engines that were so popular, Canada, England, and France also purchase them by the tens of thousands

By the time Ford started using them it wasn't innovative they were 20 years late to the party

And that's the exact issue with a NI based DAW, anything they do will just be an also ran and be a decade or more late to the party

The time to make a Maschine based DAW was 10+ years ago not 2024

In the 1930s Ford needed to make a V8 to be relevant and sell cars. Cars need an engine to work. Selling cars was Ford's core business

NI makes and sells plugins that run standalone or in DAWs and other types of VST hosts created by other companies

Selling plugins is their core business, making a DAW is not, what NI really needs to do is get back to their core business of making innovative quality plugins

I hope they do, it's sad to them be the shadow of what they once were, were we get threads on KVR about which $19 EOL plugin to buy

vmood wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:45 am You mean the Kore that N.I. abandoned over a decade ago?
Yep. That one.
And you mean like you can browse patches from multiple plugins and sample libraries within Komplete Kontrol?
I mean implement the concept of Kore into the DAW's browser. Especially now with AI, one can get whatever type of sound they want quickly. One can use Kontrol or whatever other controller they want.
That would my main point of hesitation with a N.I. DAW, I'd assume they would abandon it if they couldn't dominate the market.
I don't think they abandoned anything because they failed to dominate the market. Ill take a wild guess and say they lost key designers who were the brains behind a lot of their key products and now it's a matter of finding replacement that can match that talent. Again, I'm completely guessing here.
And I'm curious, would the "Pro" version you imagine cost more that Komplete Collectors Edition since "All NI plugs and features from other apps (ie Traktor and Maschine) are built into the DAW"?
As with all flagship versions of DAWs, one gets a discount versus buying things separately.
How much the actual cost would be for a flagship/Suite version of an NI DAW is something they would have to come up with.
Sure one needs to be competitive with consumer prices but it also comes down to what's being offered.
IvyBirds wrote:Nope
And voila. Like I stated seven hundred thousand posts ago, no one can convince you that an NI DAW is a good idea because you're set.
So enjoy the NI plugs with Cubase or whatever other D-A-W you prefer to use, I wish you all the best on your journey and hope you will prosper so that you may have your very own Wonka chocolate factory. Amen and may god bless your oompa loompmas.
If you are going to use historical analogies please be accurate and stop embarrassing yourself
Being ignorant of history doesn't embarrass me the least bit. Knowing whether or not Amadeus invented the pancake doesn't pay my rent or raise my salary.
In 1914
Isn't Wikipedia great? So mouse clicky convenient.

VOODOO U wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:44 am
And voila. Like I stated seven hundred thousand posts ago, no one can convince you that an NI DAW is a good idea because you're set.
So enjoy the NI plugs with Cubase or whatever other D-A-W you prefer to use, I wish you all the best on your journey and hope you will prosper so that you may have your very own Wonka chocolate factory. Amen and may god bless your oompa loompmas.
if you cant convince the kvr members, many of whom collect daws like action figures, they need the whole team! then its probably not a great idea.

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:28 am X in the name is a rumour, nothing actually confirmed.
As far as I can tell, it's not even a rumour, the original poster just made it up but has posted it so many times people just assume there's something to it.

concealed identity wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:28 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:28 am X in the name is a rumour, nothing actually confirmed.
As far as I can tell, it's not even a rumour, the original poster just made it up but has posted it so many times people just assume there's something to it.
True!
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W11, Ryzen 7900, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2024 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

i hope the NI DAW comes with all 45 of the plugin alliance compressors. that would make it pro for sure

I certainly hope it's not Kontakt X. I think a lot of us are fed up with all the X nonsense.

N.I. should be able to come up with something more original.

felis wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:15 pm
I certainly hope it's not Kontakt X. I think a lot of us are fed up with all the X nonsense.

Kontakt K? :shrug:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

felis wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:15 pm N.I. should be able to come up with something more original.
I agree. Like a new DAW.

vurt wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:31 am if you cant convince the kvr members, many of whom collect daws like action figures, they need the whole team! then its probably not a great idea.
You just said it; KVR members collect DAWs like action figures which means when NI release their new DAW everyone here will buy it.

And don't forget that a great idea always gets ridiculed before it gets accepted.

VOODOO U wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:28 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:31 am if you cant convince the kvr members, many of whom collect daws like action figures, they need the whole team! then its probably not a great idea.
You just said it; KVR members collect DAWs like action figures which means when NI release their new DAW everyone here will buy it.

And don't forget that a great idea always gets ridiculed before it gets accepted.
That’s so far off of the number of sales you’d need to fund a massive project like this that it’s laughable. The reality is that most people are only using one DAW and maybe own another one that they’ve used in the past. Picking up a new DAW is a big commitment both time-wise and monetarily and anyone offering one is going up against some extremely entrenched opposition, so they’d have to have a pretty extraordinary value proposition to get enough users for it to be worth it. Nothing you’ve written indicates NI can offer that.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Greenstorm33 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:02 pm
The reality is that most people are only using one DAW and maybe own another one that they’ve used in the past. Picking up a new DAW is a big commitment....
:tu:
No auto tune...

cryophonik wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:18 pm

Kontakt K? :shrug:
Full Kontakt :box:
MuLab of course :D

Well don't forget Elon got the idea from NI first - Massive X.

To be honest, the whole theory falls down now I know they're not doing a rewrite - that was the template we saw with Massive.

There might still be a Kontakt X if the new features are as big as they suggest. But since Windows users with blazing fast systems sometimes have to wait a minute for K7 to load, the idea of a pure synth being hosted in a version of Kontakt with that same creaky bloated code base is horrible.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W11, Ryzen 7900, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2024 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I find the first instance of Kontakt I load in a project takes maybe 20s with each further instance taking maybe 5s. Not much different to Arturia synths tbh.

Return to “Instruments”