Arppe2600va 2.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ouroboros wrote:you might try under audio settings-->turn off "reset plugins on transport". That might help a bit.
AMAZING!!! :hail:

MadPsyance wrote:I've been playing around with this one since an older version(not the hardware one of course) and I must say this still confuses the hell out of me. For example, what are the sliders below the vco label? Do they correspond to the fake patch holes underneath(fm control)? Is there a manual for this thing anywhere? I got some really cool sounds out of it just tweakin around not knowing what the hell I was doing so I'd really like to get into this more!
hi, psyance:

how it works is that the slider controls the level of input to the particular feature, which is listed ablove the slider. the input is listed below the slider in the little grey box labels.
when you patch another source into the function, the patch point will light up with a blue light, and the slider will then control the amount of input from the patched source.
:D
gabriel
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

Hello!
Seems to be a bit of confusion here. It is Gabriel who has made this excellent update. His name is: gabriel abney, and he is from Canada.

We are a team now. In the future Glen Stegner is kind of manager/graphics. Gabriel Abney is responsible of development of the ARPPE2600 and Gunnar Ekornås is responible for development of the MinimogueVA. We dont have a name yet. New version of the MinimogueVA and MinimogueLUXUS is soon to come too. They are on my machine.

I made 36 presets for one of his betas of ARPPE2600, but Gabriel changed the filters , so they are not compatible anymore. I tried to change them in the weekend, but the filters are so different.....

Gabriel! Can you tell us a little about the differences from the old to the new filter? What is the difference in sound?

All the best
gunnar
Last edited by gunnare on Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

Hi, it's me - Glen.

Gunnar, to complete the story, Richard Brooks was the original creator of these 2 synths, his site is still there but he no longer manages it or updates these synths. I started the process of updating these 2 synths by mapping all contollers to MIDI CC's, and re-skinning them. Gunnar and Gabriel, respectively, did extensive reprogramming on Minimogue and Arppe after contacting me and getting the source files.

With regard to the new filter, I have in fact re-adjusted all existing patches so they sound like version 1.0 -- I simply turned the Filter Color all the way down to LowPass. I don't know if this will work in your patches, but they were close enough to the original 25 or so patches.

This is going to allow for a lot lot lot more intersting sounds! Thanks for unfaking the modularity!
Do not lick the fablanky

hi
the new filter eliminated some nasty glitchy static that seemed to plague the other one when the mod matrix was completed. I started by tracking down the problem and eliminating it, but then the filter sounded weaker, so i made this one by using a combination of different modules.
We'll see if we can sort out the patch problem. Certainly there is room for improvement :D
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

Thanks for completing the history Glen!

Do we have a name yet?

The new filter is ok, but i tried for several hours to convert the patches, but did not manage to convert them. And yes, I had lot of static noise in the early beta:) I like the new synth a lot, but maybe I will use the beta live because I have spent some time making sounds for it. A real analog synth, it even makes static noise:)

How about patches? Have you made any new ones? Its quite difficult to make modular patches, so maybe there should be some examples demonstrating the power in the new version.

All the best
gunnar
Last edited by gunnare on Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

thanks for the heads up on this update..I'd been hoping this would happen!

Missing 4 libraries on Win10x64 and Bitwig Producer, and the interface is too small on a 17 inch monitor.
It does start up though.

Eternatease wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:47 am Missing 4 libraries on Win10x64 and Bitwig Producer, and the interface is too small on a 17 inch monitor.
It does start up though.
Yeah,,,i am sure this thing is pretty dead as, . . ..dead.
Threads last message was almost 20 years ago mate

Return to “Instruments”