Droplets- Physics based Midi sequencer and synthesiser from Finn Mitchell-Anyon

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I guess no demo version?

sadly no demo. i bought it after some videos but it seems i use it wrong or something.
i made some notes/ramps and have it on SYNC mode and now i play a pad sound but the notes dont get played in sync?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

kraster wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 4:39 pm
morphex wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 4:19 pm I just went through the manual and it looks like there was a lot of work put into designing this plug-in. Really nice job for a 1.0 release, especially when you 'get under the hood' and discover all of the parameters that can be manipulated. It's also available for a very reasonable price of only $18. I'm going to pick this up for my ambient projects. OS compatibility information wasn't listed that I could see. Are any of you using it successfully with macOS Sonoma? Thanks in advance. :tu:
I'm using the VST3 version with Sonoma in Bitwig and Ableton with no issue.

There are two plugins. A version with the synth and a version that just outputs Midi.

Both versions worked without issue.

There's also a standalone version which I haven't used.

It's a very well made plugin. The wind parameter is very cool. It just adds a little randomness.

I hope it's developed further.

I'd like to see each block or tap have a velocity attached to it. Also pitch is related to block length. It would be cool if that could be decoupled from size. (Maybe I missed something there though)
That’s what I needed to know. I appreciate the reply. Cheers! :tu:

martiu wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:22 am reminds me of Twisted Tools Nod-E
Me too. Looks like an excellent new tool though.
You can be creative in any right place on Earth, and not only in the wealthiest cities. Bring the world feelings from everywhere, and not only feelings of capitalistic or jail environment.
― Aleksey Vaneev

El°HYM wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:43 am
martiu wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:22 am reminds me of Twisted Tools Nod-E
Me too. Looks like an excellent new tool though.
you back :hug: , long time no see :?
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Hi!
8)
You can be creative in any right place on Earth, and not only in the wealthiest cities. Bring the world feelings from everywhere, and not only feelings of capitalistic or jail environment.
― Aleksey Vaneev

Droplets 1.1 has been released

New features

Added 25 in-built synth presets
Increased maximum dripper interval to 4 bars
Increased octave shift range to 3 octaves
Added GUI scale and window size settings
Scale root parameter is now automatable
MIDI CC input is now passed to the receiving instrument
Host DAW can now get and set the current preset

Fixes

Fixed window glitching out and hiding drippers when resizing in Logic
Fixed crash when using an audio buffer size larger than 2048 samples
Fixed issue causing some external synthesizers to get notes stuck after receiving two sequential note-on messages
Fixed un-draggable attack curve in envelope settings

this thing is sadly very buggy in fl studio.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:41 pm this thing is sadly very buggy in fl studio.
Which bugs? I haven't encountered any.... yet.
"Like toilet paper, we're on a roll."

Choikdoi wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 1:58 am
Caine123 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:41 pm this thing is sadly very buggy in fl studio.
many crashes, if you switch presets, minimize and open the plugin, making adjustments on the plugin like changing scale etc. very buggy. FL21 and latest droplets. no reply yet from the dev.

Caine123 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 2:34 am
many crashes, if you switch presets, minimize and open the plugin, making adjustments on the plugin like changing scale etc. very buggy. FL21 and latest droplets. no reply yet from the dev.
I'm on FL 21 and the latest Droplets version too (and Windows 10). I can't get it to crash at all, in any of the situations you mentioned. Not saying you're doing something wrong, just providing some feedback!

Choikdoi wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 12:51 pm
Caine123 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 2:34 am
I'm on FL 21 and the latest Droplets version too (and Windows 10). I can't get it to crash at all, in any of the situations you mentioned. Not saying you're doing something wrong, just providing some feedback!
appreciate it! sadly the dev doesnt get back at all... so this pugin is useless for me atm.

Caine123 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 1:02 pm appreciate it! sadly the dev doesnt get back at all... so this pugin is useless for me atm.
As I say, it's working OK for me, so this isn't something I've done with this plugin... but have you tried the wrapper settings for 'Make bridged' and if that doesn't work, also the one for 'Use fixed size buffers'? I've had lots of plugins in the past which crashed and that have been fixed with the 'Make bridged' setting turned on.

Choikdoi wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 1:07 pm
Caine123 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 1:02 pm appreciate it! sadly the dev doesnt get back at all... so this pugin is useless for me atm.
As I say, it's working OK for me, so this isn't something I've done with this plugin... but have you tried the wrapper settings for 'Make bridged' and if that doesn't work, also the one for 'Use fixed size buffers'? I've had lots of plugins in the past which crashed and that have been fixed with the 'Make bridged' setting turned on.
thanks i need to check it out!

sadly the dev still didnt reply, cannot recommend this plugin atm.

It's crashing on my system. StudioOne on a Mac. Both latest versions.

I'll wait a bit and ask for a refund, in case it won't work anytime soon(ish).

It crashes so fast I can't even get the sound (or midi) out of it.

Return to “Instruments”