Native Instruments $19 Sale

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Examigan wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:02 am I'm wondering if I should get Razor or Molekular. I have Arturia's Mixbox and others for effects, but I don't have a synth like Razor yet.
I feel like I'm overly spruiking Razor but I would say just get it. But do note that despite being additive, it is mainly unique for employing a sine bank of partials in a more familiar subtractive layout so you have "resonant" LP and BP filters that basically act on the relative volume of partials rather than actively removing them as a normal analogue filter does. So Razor is slightly easier to use then other additive synths, although there are numerous oscillator and 'filter' types that have no similar analogue compatriots. Razor also has a pretty dirty/gritty sound, so it's probably best for EDM stuff (although I've made some really nice pads and bells with it). Modulation is limited imo but using Bitwig or other midi shaping devices goes a long way. Oddly though, the various macros appear invisible to Bitwig...

Molekular is plain amazing fun to work with. Like so many NI products, it's easier to make garbage with then anything truly musical, and I've yet to fit it into a song but it has really unique modifiers and a decent layout.

Teilchenbeschleuniger wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:05 am
Gribs wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 8:03 am I just want to be able to download, install, and play scripted Kontakt libraries. Heavyocity has a downloader that functioned flawlessly for getting my most recent library. After that the troubles were terrible. UVI, Steinberg, Arturia, Kilohearts, Traktion, and Softube do not have similar issues.
Have you come across any smaller developers or lesser-known libraries that have worked well for you?
Every one I mentioned, not necessarily small, and more. Native Access ceasing to function is a new thing for me. I discovered people have been begging NI to fix it for months, though the issues appear to have been around much longer for some. It is not a firewall issue; I made sure of that. One item posted on NI’s web site is to uninstall Access and a daemon it starts out then clear out some files where things cached and on Windows clear out some registry keys. The program also does a stupid auto-update thing when you exit. Someone put an older version up and it worked for me, but then after I updated everything and exited, it updated itself to the latest, borked version.

One of my things with Kontakt has been small companies that make cool and fun little instruments.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Any opinions about Kolor? They’re selling the stand alone version for 10 bucks and I’m tempted, but I haven’t found much on the internet about it.

I own Arturia Coldfire (my go to distortion effect), GR6, Rift and a bunch of other, smaller tools like Arturia Tube Culture. Does Kolor offer anything unique that would make it worthwhile?

nanostream wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:08 am Any opinions about Kolor? They’re selling the stand alone version for 10 bucks and I’m tempted, but I haven’t found much on the internet about it.

I own Arturia Coldfire (my go to distortion effect), GR6, Rift and a bunch of other, smaller tools like Arturia Tube Culture. Does Kolor offer anything unique that would make it worthwhile?
Sounds like you already have those bases covered. Having said that for $10 it will give you some different colors that you don't have

Will there be a ton of overlap? Sure but the cost of entry is so low not sure that matters

IvyBirds wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:30 am Sounds like you already have those bases covered. Having said that for $10 it will give you some different colors that you don't have

Will there be a ton of overlap? Sure but the cost of entry is so low not sure that matters
Thanks, that was all I needed. Bought now :?

I'm toying with updating to Guitar Rig 7.
I could update Komplete for a bit more, but GR7 still isn't included with that,
and I probably use GR and Battery most from Komplete.

I suspect though that if there's another Komplete update, it'll probably include GR7,
and maybe some other stuff to make it worth considering.
Last edited by felis on Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Is the 10% off voucher that NI/plug-in alliance sent out recently only applicable to full priced items? I’m confused. Sure sounded like you could apply it to anything from the email but I could be wrong.

I seem to remember reading somewhere:
"Can also be applied on the current sale"
But I can't find the email again. "Ending soon..."-something.

That’s the impression the email gave me aswell, but it hasn’t worked. I get that it’s like 2$ off but if I can use it then why not. Let me know if any of you have any luck using it.

Ah, but the 10% seems to be for the first ever buy from NI, but how many sub to their newsletter without having bought something first. Do one have to sub to download the freebies maybe?

I thought maybe it just meant first NI purchase of the sale but oh well. Weird and convoluted promotion that’s for sure.

Yes, it was a bit strange. I first saw that discount through Izotope, so I guess it considered as some crossgrade thing, maybe?

nanostream wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:08 am Any opinions about Kolor? They’re selling the stand alone version for 10 bucks and I’m tempted, but I haven’t found much on the internet about it.

After a few days I can say I’m glad I bought it. The different algorithms are really great, some of them add a wobble-like instability to the sound I really like. Also, the eq and the bass saver knob are quite useful.

Even if I’ll most likely get GR7 eventually, it’s great to have it as a standalone plugin. Almost a no-brainer for €10. :tu:

nanostream wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:03 am

After a few days I can say I’m glad I bought it. The different algorithms are really great, some of them add a wobble-like instability to the sound I really like. Also, the eq and the bass saver knob are quite useful.

Even if I’ll most likely get GR7 eventually, it’s great to have it as a standalone plugin. Almost a no-brainer for €10. :tu:
Glad it worked out for you

Just bought Razor. What a fun synth :)
EXT3 - FL Studio 24 | Surge - Discovery PRO - Classic Boxes Collection - U-he Filterscape - NI Massive - NI Kontour - NI Spark - JP6K - Variety of Sound

Return to “Instruments”