Tightass Toontrack still do not offer an SD2 upgrade

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You have to buy EZ Drummer to get the SD3 upgrade.

Disgusting by them.

TightASSES.

And hate their own Customers.

Narcissism 101.

Man you really have it out for drum sampler companies, huh? I believe there was one when SD3 was released but it was time limited. Which is admittedly kind of idiotic. Seems pretty likely they would have made more money if more people had access to the upgrade path.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

There was an upgrade path from SD2 to SD3. When they announced it was time limted (after a couple years), many people kicked off and said they would never buy a Toontracks product again. Which is almost as stupid as making it time limited in the first place.
Music for films that will never be made
sineglidermusic.bandcamp.com

inboxzero wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:53 am There was an upgrade path from SD2 to SD3. When they announced it was time limted (after a couple years), many people kicked off and said they would never buy a Toontracks product again. Which is almost as stupid as making it time limited in the first place.
It's no "stupid" to boycott a company that deploys anti-consumer innovations where the sole purpose to create revenue rather than add any sort of value. That's actually smart.

On my phone I couldn’t see who the OP was before I clicked, but I damn well knew it lol
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

So why didn't you upgrade when you had the chance to do it?

yup Id be happy to give anyone my license for them to upgrade from, but you cant! :lol:
Toontrack ranks among the most greedy of plugin companies ever imo. :tu:

The SD2 upgrade discontinuation (which was laughable value when offered) is why I sold all my Toontrack years ago. Screw them.
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

Same thing for me, I bought the upgrade at the time but it wasn't the right time for me to finance it. I was really disgusted by the way this company forces its customers. I've never spent any money with them since. And since then I've bought many other products from different developers. In my opinion, they must have thought that their SD was so superior that they could do such a thing. I still can't understand this today .. :shrug:

revvy wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:28 pm On my phone I couldn’t see who the OP was before I clicked, but I damn well knew it lol
:tu: :lol:

I also knew who the OP would be...

He needs to learn to engage his brain (if that's at all possible) before he starts defaming these companies and blaming their products for his idiotic inadequacies :wink:
No auto tune...

I get the frustration, but for me (as a complete non-drummer), the simple truth is that although I'm not a Superior Drummer user, EZ Drummer (first 2, now 3) is one of the very few plugins I consider truly indispensible to my music making. I know they, like anyone, can go out of business or do something truly rephrehensible such as I might one day literally need to go somewhere else. But for now, principled or not, and for better or worse, I'm sticking with them. Because they do offer a good (or at least good for my purposes) product.

SirkusPi wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:09 am I get the frustration, but for me (as a complete non-drummer), the simple truth is that although I'm not a Superior Drummer user, EZ Drummer (first 2, now 3) is one of the very few plugins I consider truly indispensible to my music making. I know they, like anyone, can go out of business or do something truly rephrehensible such as I might one day literally need to go somewhere else. But for now, principled or not, and for better or worse, I'm sticking with them. Because they do offer a good (or at least good for my purposes) product.
I'm just curious, what makes it better than Addictive Drums ?

Is it the integrated mini sequencer, where you can arrange the drum track ?

The OP has gotta be the biggest troll on here at the moment. Clearly has issues with the world.
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Waiting.
Only ez drummer promotions of course.

Return to “Instruments”