Loomer Aspect 2 - semi modular synth with free update

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Loomer has today published Aspect 2, a free update for its semi-modular Synthesizer plugin, initially released in 2009.

It has a new vector-based resizable interface, multi-segment envelopes, new filters, two-part modulation sequencer, new modulators (quantizers, mappers...), and more.

Looks like a pretty amazing free update :)

https://synthanatomy.com/2024/07/loomer ... synth.html
‎Loomer Aspect 2.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

This is a nice Surprise, was always one of my favorite Synths. Actually also like the old GUI, new one seems a bit overwhelming at first Sight.
You can be creative in any right place on Earth, and not only in the wealthiest cities. Bring the world feelings from everywhere, and not only feelings of capitalistic or jail environment.
― Aleksey Vaneev

that GUI is awful.

EDIT:

Actually the white GUI is wonderful
EXT3 - FL Studio 24 | Surge - Discovery PRO - Classic Boxes Collection - U-he Filterscape - NI Massive - NI Kontour - NI Spark - JP6K - Variety of Sound

Maybe it would help if the lines separating all those sections from each other were more visible and the section headers in another color.

I'm happy this is released because now colin can put the finishing touches to architect for a 1.0 release
I don't really get the semimodular monikker given to aspect , lot's of mod options doesn't make it semimodular imho
There is hardly any audio mod going on , just osc sync .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:50 am I'm happy this is released because now colin can put the finishing touches to architect for a 1.0 release
I don't really get the semimodular monikker given to aspect , lot's of mod options doesn't make it semimodular imho
I thought Aspect had ring modulation, and you could use Osc 3 for filter FM

Edit: I checked the manual. You do have output from any of the oscillators as a modulation source!

Korg Supporter wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:02 am
gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:50 am I'm happy this is released because now colin can put the finishing touches to architect for a 1.0 release
I thought Aspect had ring modulation, and you could use Osc 3 for filter FM

Edit: I checked the manual. You do have output from any of the oscillators as a modulation source!
I stand corrected , osc's are indeed a mod source :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Nicolau wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:23 am Maybe it would help if the lines separating all those sections from each other were more visible and the section headers in another color.
Agree here, especially with the old GUI being much more visible in this regard.

Soundwise it definitely has that Aspect 1 Vibe, yet a bit cleaner maybe also fuller. With that said; a happy surprise, while a Classic - Theme for the GUI would be more than welcome.
You can be creative in any right place on Earth, and not only in the wealthiest cities. Bring the world feelings from everywhere, and not only feelings of capitalistic or jail environment.
― Aleksey Vaneev

And no effects?! That is unusual for a modern quality synth...
I know a lot of people don't like to use built-in effects, but I like to be able to save effects when they are part of the sound, and the quality of good built-in effects is very good by now.

I just demoed Aspect. It sucks it doesn't have effects, but it still sounds amazing while using low CPU! The default filter is OK, but the saturated filter sounds good with saws and squares! I also love how you can modulate almost anything at audio rate. Filter FM doesn't sound that good, but the panning FM is very interesting and pleasing! Sync also sounds nice and clean.

Great synth, great developer, just sad that the whole Architect thing has taken over most of his time, he was putting out great plugins for a while before that started, I hope it pays off in the long term, but it is the only thing he has made that I have no interest in whatsoever, hopefully he gets some more plugins going in the future.
Duh

Return to “Instruments”