Bitwig 5.2 Beta 8 not loading Kontakt 7 at all

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pdxindy wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:24 pm
Kintetikz wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 4:33 pm On an unrelated note, has anyone tried clicking and opening up the DSP Performance monitor? I get an immediate freeze/crash
Works fine here... (Mac)
Same Here, also on Mac . Performance meter works fine as does Kontakt

Has the report been submitted to the staff? This seems to be a very rare problem. Kontakt works normally on most of my computers.

Folks @moss posted this on another thread. Give this a try and let us know. I removed beta 10 so cannot check myself.

Top marks to @moss for this post.

moss wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:14 am I just ran into the same issue with Arturia plugins. Got a quick and helpful reply from Bitwig support: the issue can happen when you have Bitwig open while you are installing a new VST3 plugin, then Bitwig might start to index it while the plugin has not yet installed all it's files.

To fix it: Close Bitwig Delete the index folder and start Bitwig again.
On Windows you find the index folder here:
C:\Users\<YOUR_USER_NAME>\AppData\Local\Bitwig Studio\index

forever880days wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:59 am Has the report been submitted to the staff? This seems to be a very rare problem. Kontakt works normally on most of my computers.
I'm guessing this question may be for me, as the OP.

Yes, I've been in contact with the tech staff quite a number of times. I've talked to several who had an issue with Kontakt 7 and Beta 10, but I may be unique insofar as the Battery 2 problem is concerned. At this point, I'm just waiting for Beta 11 (it was suggested to me that the wait wouldn't be too long.)
Last edited by dlandis on Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

Muzik4Life wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:18 am Folks @moss posted this on another thread. Give this a try and let us know. I removed beta 10 so cannot check myself.

Top marks to @moss for this post.

moss wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:14 am I just ran into the same issue with Arturia plugins. Got a quick and helpful reply from Bitwig support: the issue can happen when you have Bitwig open while you are installing a new VST3 plugin, then Bitwig might start to index it while the plugin has not yet installed all it's files.

To fix it: Close Bitwig Delete the index folder and start Bitwig again.
On Windows you find the index folder here:
C:\Users\<YOUR_USER_NAME>\AppData\Local\Bitwig Studio\index
This was an intriguing suggestion, but unfortunately, it doesn't resolve my Kontakt 7/Maschine 2 issue. I am glad it is a solution for others.

But thanks to Moss posting it and everything else he does to help (which is quite significant!) And thanks to you for forwarding it as well.

I've got to get some sleep. My rather modular body is beginning to hurt a bit.

Last edited by dlandis on Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ChanceB wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:30 pm
Kintetikz wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 4:33 pm On an unrelated note, has anyone tried clicking and opening up the DSP Performance monitor? I get an immediate freeze/crash
Works fine here... (Mac)
I think I had it open the other day and it seemed fine (Windows 11 Professional), but I'll check again tomorrow.

dlandis wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:41 pm
ChanceB wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:30 pm
Works fine here... (Mac)
I think I had it open the other day and it seemed fine (Windows 11 Professional), but I'll check again tomorrow.
I did check this twice today in Beta 11 and it worked fine, no issues at all.

Just loaded Beta'11 and all my 3rd party plugins are now working. Hope you guys having problems have success with this instalment.

All the best
:band2:

dlandis wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:31 pm
forever880days wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:59 am Has the report been submitted to the staff? This seems to be a very rare problem. Kontakt works normally on most of my computers.
I'm guessing this question may be for me, as the OP.

Yes, I've been in contact with the tech staff quite a number of times. I've talked to several who had an issue with Kontakt 7 and Beta 10, but I may be unique insofar as the Battery 2 problem is concerned. At this point, I'm just waiting for Beta 11 (it was suggested to me that the wait wouldn't be too long.)
I dl'ed Beta 11 today and there is no change for either Kontakt 7 or Battery 2: neither will load at all.

Muzik4Life wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:55 am Just loaded Beta'11 and all my 3rd party plugins are now working. Hope you guys having problems have success with this instalment.

All the best
:band2:
Nope. Still no luck. Happy for you though!

I've small consolation in that I know that I am not the only person with this issue as others have described a very similar behavior to what I have with Kontakt 7 not loading (according to the status bar) at all.
Last edited by dlandis on Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Still no luck here with Kontakt 7 as well. And now my template won't even load, it needed to be recreated from scratch.

Same here. Kontakt 7 and Maschine still wont load with beta 11.
Windows 11

All you guys who have Maschine & Kontakt installed... Have you tried without Maschine connected? I had a loading problem (beta10) with Steinberg's recent update to Halion & Sonic and Beta 11 solved this. Not had a problem loading Kontakt and you'll find a few folks who don't have this problem and the one thing we have in common is we dont have Maschine. I could be wrong here but i haven't yet seen any confirmation of Kontack & Maschine working with recent betas on windows?. I know a few Mac users here have popped in and said this duo works fine, so wouldn't it be reasonable to believe this may be isolated to just windows using Maschine & Kontakt duo.

Anyways i hope they do work this out for all asap.

All the best.

The problem you will experience is Bitwig saying that the thrid party software is flawed not bitwig. What everyone needs to do is send them a support email at the same time with a screen shot showing it not working. But I would definately first try removing your vst and vst3 indexes and restart Bitwig

Try regenerating BWS's VST cache by deleting it. Do this by deleting the following files/folders:

Windows: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Bitwig Studio\index (entire folder)

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Bitwig Studio\cache (DELETE FILES metadata VST vst3 CLAP)

Like others, Beta 11, still a Kontakt 7 issue - whenever its loaded it causes an audio engine crash. (No Maschine involved).

Return to “Bitwig”