GSnap update (free pitch correction)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for this plugin MAN!!!! wonderful, marvelous, perfect! the idea of MIDI notes is very nice! just copy paste your chord sequence and voila, the voice goes to the right notes.

All the best!

gy wrote:I've uploaded the new version. It now has a 'Midi' mode, which does just what janne described earlier.
Actually, I meant that plugin would always tune up or down to the nearest note that user has pressed down. Now it tunes +/- one semitone. That is of course fine for pitch correcting, but wider range could be fun as an effect. I guess it means higher threshold than 150 cents in Gsnap.

But hey... I'm not complaining. I'm already more than happy with Gsnap and it's gonna be one of my favorite plugins.

Very big thanks to you, Gy! You rock and keep us rocking too! :)

-janne

you should do a plucked synth "g-string" :hihi:
checkin it out in ways you never imagined :o

thanks gy, I'll check this one for sure. I apparantly suck at singing so I'm bound to find some good use for this :)

GypsyJazz wrote:
gy wrote:.....The only problem being that Cubase, at least, doesn't allow the routing of a MIDI channel to a VST effect.......
Something Cubase can't do that SONAR can!
if you had read the following posts you would have noticed that we already corrected that statement. cubase can do that actually! ;)
that's why graham implemented the midi-function now. :)

p.s.: graham, i only checked gtune, gsinthg and gsnap in minihost until yesterday when i tried them in live.. unfortunately none of the pitch-driven plugs work there, though any others do.

-janne wrote:Actually, I meant that plugin would always tune up or down to the nearest note that user has pressed down. Now it tunes +/- one semitone.
Ah. Well, I can easily increase the maximum threshold. I'll see how far I can push it before the whole thing falls apart.
R.A.W. wrote:i tried them in live.. unfortunately none of the pitch-driven plugs work there
I just downloaded the Live demo (v 5.02). GSnap, GTune and GSinthG all worked for me. Is anyone else having the same problem?

gsnap is running fine for me in live 4 thanks alot great plug

gy wrote:
R.A.W. wrote:i tried them in live.. unfortunately none of the pitch-driven plugs work there
I just downloaded the Live demo (v 5.02). GSnap, GTune and GSinthG all worked for me. Is anyone else having the same problem?
ok, then i did something wrong. i will try it again.

:hyper: thanx!!!

gy wrote: Ah. Well, I can easily increase the maximum threshold. I'll see how far I can push it before the whole thing falls apart.
Sounds great! :)

-janne

I've changed the maximum 'Threshold' value to 600 cents. I haven't had much chance to test it, but what I've tried seems OK.

Obviously, bigger pitch-shifts will sound less natural and there is also an increased chance of glitching, but the option is there for the more experimental amongst you.

Let me know how it goes.

thanks graham,
i like your vst's alot !

2 "external" questions:

which are the differences
to akai's pitchright which
is sold out now for 9 eur ?

why there isn't any sound
of gsynthg in vsthost ?

Hi vista,

I've never used PitchRight so I can't compare it with GSnap. I assume they are very similar, but each will have it's strengths and weaknesses. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has compared them. Anyway, for 9 euros you can have both, which sounds like a good deal to me.

I haven't tried GSinthG in vsthost, but I will do so soon.

I should point out that GSinthG isn't an instrument, in case the name misled you. It's an effect that uses the pitch of the incoming audio to drive a synth. So, basically, you can use a guitar to play the synth, or an oboe, or your voice, or another synth...

the last version is awesome (i'm the experimental type ;)). though we use vocals very little it will find it's way to the next remix for sure. ;)

and it does work in live, i don't know what was wrong that one day, but i had no probs at all yesterday with all pitch-driven effects. :) thanks again!

Return to “Effects”