The best Impulse Response [IR] sites

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, most impulses are in the .rar format:
what's the best FREEWARE rar-extracting
tool, pls give a link. (I've got a couple of sharewares but they aren't usable anymore). H.

I know that iZarc will open rar archives. I thin 7zip will, too. Just type either name in Google.

InfiNeat wrote:I know that iZarc will open rar archives. I thin 7zip will, too. Just type either name in Google.
7zip rules!

And it does indeed open rar archives.

Thank U. H.

i wish someone would just put them all in a big zip file, or at least on a page where i can download all of em with flashget or something.
check my profile for contact info.
msn messenger is my email as well.

t-willy wrote:is there a place for the IR ignorant person like myself? i keep reading about people using IR to help their guitar sounds and I'm honestly in the dark. I've downloaded SIR and the Altiverb demo and played with them, but still feel just as stupid as before. i've read about what IR are and how they are created, but applying them is what's getting me. anyone here use them to enhance their guitar sound? if so, how? thanks.
SIR won't make you much happy in a realtime context as it applies quite some latency by itself.
As a guitar player you may want to check out some of the speaker cabinet impulses (Noisevault has quite some) and load them into Voxengo's Boogex, which doesn't suffer from the latency issue. If you keep Boogex' amp section linear, you could use it as a speaker sim only, running behind your amp sim of choice.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

OH MAN :love:

I bought WIZOOVERB a couple of weeks ago and have only had enogh time to get a basic sence of it's abilities and overall I am very happy with it. I have been on the hunt for reverbs that I like and now with the zillions of IR out there I can taste all sorts of verbs and today I found the most fantastic verb I think I have ever heard. It is the EMT244 32bit IR's from the Echo Chamber website running in WIZOOVERB. When I heard the UAD plate I almost bought it on impulse but since I have sold my uad in favor for native software I am so glad that I found not only the UAD IR's but now these others from the 244. It is quite wild what a few seconds of audio will do in the right place :)

Sascha Franck wrote:
t-willy wrote:is there a place for the IR ignorant person like myself? i keep reading about people using IR to help their guitar sounds and I'm honestly in the dark. I've downloaded SIR and the Altiverb demo and played with them, but still feel just as stupid as before. i've read about what IR are and how they are created, but applying them is what's getting me. anyone here use them to enhance their guitar sound? if so, how? thanks.
SIR won't make you much happy in a realtime context as it applies quite some latency by itself.
As a guitar player you may want to check out some of the speaker cabinet impulses (Noisevault has quite some) and load them into Voxengo's Boogex, which doesn't suffer from the latency issue. If you keep Boogex' amp section linear, you could use it as a speaker sim only, running behind your amp sim of choice.
thanks Sascha. i hadn't checked this thread in a while. I did exactly what you said and it's working pretty well. as always, much tweaking involved. SIR definitely wasn't my friend for real time guitar playing. thanks to voxengo for boogex!!

lates

t-willy

Yup, that's exactly how I use Boogex!! :D The new version of
ReValver will have an IR module and library of cab impulses.

Cheers.....CL :oops:
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

WOuld anybody know any site where to find lofi sampler IR (Akai S-20 or so, 12bit, 8bit...)?
(Im' fed up with bitcrushers)
thanks

WOuld anybody know any site where to find lofi sampler IR (Akai S-20 or so, 12bit, 8bit...)?
thanks

thanks

thanks

thanks

thanks

Return to “Effects”