Tablet 2 MIDI - Bugs thread

Official support for: livelab.dk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thou art awesome.

still no joy re: the crosshair/pen-tip correspondence issue on my M4 Tablet PC.

hello,
the x-y are opposite with reaktor (steampipe2 remix ensemble) thru maple midi port in chainer.
The x cc in tablet2midi control the y in reaktor and vice-versa for the x.
No further test at the moment, button and slider are working ok
I use a wacom volito tablet.
Very great idea

oups, i just read it is a know bug on some pen-enabled pc tablet ...
sorry

simulacreant: are you running the latest penabled drivers? I read somewhere in the wacom forums that they were aware of a similar problem and released an update.

diversgens: if the crosshair on screen moves in correspondance with the pen you are ok - it sounds to me like you should simply change the CC numbers that tablet2midi outputs to fit the input that reaktor expects.
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

sometimes miditab seems to 'lose control' over my aiptek tablet. it only behaves as a mouse on screen, and i have to restart the application to use it with tablet 2 midi.
i haven't been able to find any consistency to this, though.

A new update has been released. The new version includes a calibration routine that adresses the mirroring problem it also adresses some other bugs, and includes a bunch of new features.

For a list of changes, go to the website. The manual has been updated as well.

Hi,

I'm trying the 0.70 version : it's impossible to draw any object.

When I right-click and select one of the four icones nothing appears.
The same when I try to use the pen in tablet mode as described on page 3 of the help.

I don't understand the calibration process : when I point on the tablet near the A nothing appears on the screen, the program only asks for pointing on A.

I use a Wacom ArtPad A6, Windows XP.

I've just made a test with a Aiptek pad on my onther computer, and TabletToMidi works perfectly with it, so I suppose that my Wacom is too old.
I whished to use it because it is very small and I use it with my laptop, but never mind, I will use the big Aiptek !

acousmod: are you using the latest wacom drivers? All wacom tablets use the same wintab driver so even an old artpad should work.

Also it puzzles me that nothing happens when using the right click menu - that should work even with no tablet installed...

I have installed the ArtPad on my other computer... and it works fine within Tab2Midi.

It is a serial port connection, perhaps is there some problem with my laptop ?
Even so, I can use the tablet normally, and even use it with MidiTab... Strange.
I also confirm that on this computer no object appears when I select them.

On the other one, with the Aiptek, the Wacom or no tablet at all, it is possible to put objects.

Don't waste your time with this, it is due to something on my laptop, so the Wacom driver and your software are not the cause.
And Tablet2Midi is really genius !

This is deveoping into something very useful! I'm working with an original Wacom Intuos (no number) tablet. This tablet does support tilt and rotation (angle) but these two don't show up when I double click on an slider/XY pad. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Also a question about NRPN. How can I specify the NRPN controller number for a slider (MSB/LSB)?

hansvr:

tilt and rotation is not yet implemented - I don't have a tablet that supports this yet, but I will try to add it anyway (soon).

Regarding NRPN - so far the gui just allow you to set the LSB of the NRPN controller number. I was planning to simply increase the controller number range for NRPN controllers to 0-16383. Is there a reason for setting the controller number as a MSB/LSB value pair? Perhaps some midi-devices specify their NRPN controllers in this way? If not, then I prefer using integers and leave the whole MSB/LSB thing behind the scenes...

acousmod: if you can use the tablet with MidiTab you should be able to use it with tablet2midi - although the two applications use the wintab drivers in slightly different ways the driver should support this.

Does Tablet2Midi come up with some kind of error message? V.0.71 will display an error message if something goes wrong during the Wintab initialization (0.70 does not).

I'll patiently wait for tilt & rotation...

I want to use Tablet 2 Midi as a hi-res input device for ArtWonk, so I can use both the midi and the graphics capabilities of this program. For NRPN input this program needs to know the MSB and LSB for the controller number. However MidiOX has a NRPN calculator to calculate the MSB/LSB for a given NRPN number in the 0-16383 range (and the other way around).

How do I set the LSB (MSB is 0 I presume)?

How do I set the LSB (MSB is 0 I presume)?
The LSB is set using the CC num controller, and yes the MSB for the moment always zero.

The conversion is pretty simple. MSB 0 is for values 0-127. MSB 1 is for values 128-255 and so on and so forth.
I'll consider adding controls for MSB and LSB so nobody has to use a NRPN calculator all the time.

btw. I've layd the foundation for tilt and rotation today. The wintab standard has 6 parameters related to tilt and rotation: azimuth, altitude, twist, pitch, roll and yaw! Very descriptive names indeed.

As far as I understood, azimuth is where the other end of the pen is pointing(3 o'clock, 6 o'clock), tilt is the angle formed between the tablet surface and the pen and twist is the rotation of the pen around it's own axis.

Pitch, roll and yaw remains a mystery - they are very likely other names for the above three, or they could be reserved for the discovery of more dimensions (the yaw dimension?)

Return to “Livelab.dk”