Tablet 2 MIDI - Bugs thread

Official support for: livelab.dk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I nailed the jump/jitter problem. It was..the usb hub.
thanks for letting me know - I still think the increased buffer size in 0.73 gives me smoother pen tracking on my pad, so perhaps it was a combination.

Any news on the tilt support - anyone got it working?
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

Yes, NRPN works fine now!

In a way they work now, but I do have problems with tilt and angle. Tilt only works when I turn my pen upside down: the controller changes instantly from 127 to 0 (and the other way around). So, for now it is full tilt only :-).
When I try all kinds of angles, the controller only sometimes changes, from 0 to 127 and almost instantly back to 0.

(Rotate, z-plane and the unnamed dimension are not supoorterd by my tablet.)

ohm wrote:
Any news on the tilt support - anyone got it working?
angle, tilt, rotate, z-pos & another parameter (untitled) now show up like this:

________pos_prs_speed_angle_tilt_rotate_z-pos_<blank>
channel_[1]_[1]__[1]___[1]___[1]___[1]___[1]____[1]_

They do not respond though. The only data I see come out when I'm moving the pen around frantically, is a semi-random output from the 'angle' parameter that sends a 0 then 127 output after one another, then again after a random pause:

angle 0
angle 127
<pause>
angle 0
angle 127
<pause>

Question, I'm testing using Maple Virtual MIDI cable & MIDI-OX .. when I click with the mouse over to MIDI-OX, the tablet starts behaving like a mouse again, and when I click back into Tablet2Midi using the tablet, the first click behaves like a mouse (ie. moves the boxes around), then reverts back to controller mode on the second press. Is there a way to lock the tablet to only work with Tablet2Midi (not like a mouse) despite which window is in focus?

Thx

ok, so I forgot to normalize the values of the tilt stuff - v.0.74 is up in another blindfolded attempt to get tilt support working.

btw. what are the tilt / rotation parameters called in the wacom manuals? It would be easier for you guys if I used the same terminology.

Seems to be refered to as tilt in my Wacom parameter set-up program.

there should be two tilt parameters: one for the angle and one for the orientation + a rotation parameter.

Here are the parameters of the Intuos (from this site):

GetOrientation(): orientation of the input device relative to the tablet surface
return: [int azimuth, int altitude, int twist]

GetRotation(): rotation of the input device relative to the tablet surface
return: [int pitch, int roll, int yaw]

I checked and this is the same terminology as the Intuos Manual.
I'm at work, so I can't test the new beta, but I'll get to it first thing tonight.
Cheers

Great! Angle & tilt work fine now, as far as I tell in the right direction as well. And developed without having a tablet that supports these dimensons... :shock:

Thanks ohm!

Hi,

Considering all these new features, I'm planning to buy an Intuos :) in complement to my old ArtPad and my A4 Aiptek.
Do you know if all the models can handle tilt, angle, rotation etc., specially this one (the cheaper !) : http://www.ldlc.fr/fiche/PB00023847.html , or even the A5 model.

Does it need a special pen to work ?

Ohm, you have also written that the hardware allows to use two pens at once ?
Will it work within T2M ?
Two pens with 6 params each : this opens really new exciting possibilities !

Thanks a lot !

glad to hear angle and tilt works finally - how about rotation? The tablet should report it when you spin the pen around it's own axis.

acousmod: all the intuos models handle tilt, angle and rotation with the included pen.

before buying a new touchpad you should be aware that there will be problems running tablets from different manufacturers on the same machine as the (old) wintab standard does not allow more than one wintab driver pr. system. Please correct me if I'm wrong - if you can run an artpad and an aiptek on the same system you can probably run an intuos and an aiptek together as well.

regarding multiple pens, I haven't looked at it yet. as far as I know it should work with the aipteks as well, if not I'm definately getting an intuos.

Aipteks are limited to numbering the pens in the order they enter proximity to the tablet, so there will be confusion as to what pen control one parameter. Wacom pens have a unique ID chip in them to avoid this confusion.

I'll borrow a pen from a friend this sunday - to start working on this.

all the intuos models handle tilt, angle and rotation with the included pen.
So I think that you will make me spend my money :wink: ........

I am not planning to use several tablets on the same PC.
BUT, I've seen that T2M can be run several instances : does that mean that we could use one instance with one tablet and an other with the other one ???
Actually, only the most recent instance have the focus of the tablet.
regarding multiple pens, I haven't looked at it yet. as far as I know it should work with the aipteks as well, if not I'm definately getting an intuos. I'll borrow a pen from a friend this sunday - to start working on this.
:o :o :o
I have a second pen for my Aiptek but I have not even thought that they could be used together !
Of course, I have just tried to see, but the cross jumps from one position to the other...
So, with the Intuos it might work ?
I am astounded.

the only reason that t2m can run multiple instances is that I don't check if an instance is already running before I start the application. I haven't looked into the possibility of using two tablets at once, but I can borrow my friends tablet along with the pen and see what happens :-)
I'm pretty sure all the "packets" containing coordinate and pressure info will be labelled with both pen and tablet ID's, but let's try not to get our hopes up too much :-)

This is not a bug, but I use the excellent StrokeIt app and I really couldn't live without it ( http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/ ). I must deactivate it in order to use the right click mouse in T2M (I use the right button for gestures).

I'm sure that it could be possible to use them at once, since it doesn't prevent to use the right click function in other softwares, except if they use a right drag.
So I suppose that the problem is because T2M use a combination of right drag and right click ?

It's not a problem for me to turn StrokeIt on and off, but, if you have some time in the future, it will be nice if this can be changed (perhaps a behavior like context menus ?)...

Thanks.

Hi,
Angle seems to work fine.
Tilt works, but I can only get values from 31-127, & when the pen is vertical, the values fluctuate from 121-127, so it's difficult to get a solid output. I get the same from Borogrove MIDITab though.
Rotate, Tangent, Z-pos are not sending any output on my Intuos 1. I just tried MIDITab as well, and I don't get any output from those 3 parameters on my tablet. Maybe the Intuos 1 doesn't support orientation? I thought it did. I'll have to look into this further.. !
as well, MIDITab's edit sets are a great feature.
Thx

Hi,

In the XY Pad, the X corresponds to the vertical axis and Y to the horizontal.

For me, in surround panners, Joysticks, and in other softwares that I use (Bidule...) it is the contrary...

Is this on purpose or a mistake, or is it me ?

Return to “Livelab.dk”