Thought about EXT Linux ?

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm just messing around with a few Linux distros on my Xbox and i'm wondering if EXT would run on it, If we could get the MIDI going over lan (Better still a Linux TeleportFX) we could use Xbox's as hardware synths :)
EXT on my TV hahahahahahahahaha.
Omerta

How about EXT on a iPod or Palm Device? Linux will run on damn near anything.

n8

sirTUXalot wrote:How about EXT on a iPod or Palm Device? Linux will run on damn near anything.

n8
Hmmm, maybe with a --nogui or ncurses option.
Would be nice.
Oooh! Does EneryXT support OSC? Or are there any plans in that direction? I can imagine this: one central machine running a full EnergyXT as master, and a bunch of Palms/iPacs/iPods/whatevers running EnergyXT --nogui as slaves.

Groet, Erik
Pop music delenda est.

Can we turn XT into a window manager so that it will run on X with no KDE, etc? I am interested in creating a device specifically for EnergyXT with no other purpose. (Since computers seem to be designed for anything but..)

xt doesnt use KDE or any other GUI libraries. Its 100% pure X. And yes, you can start your X server with eXT as "window manager" like any other x app (xterm etc), but you would have to ctrl + alt + bkspc to login out. (I have my own tiny WM myself, maybe Ill release it one day...)

As for the audio, there is OSS or ALSA, or make your own.

So if you can get a x server and OSS or ALSA to run on yuor XBox, ext2 should run. Its x86 isnt it?

cheers
jorgen
Half developer half human
XT Software
http://www.energy-xt.com

Yeah X86 733 mhz (Celeron i think) with 64 meg of ram, I'm running slackware on it at the moment but i need a keyboard i think to create a swap file it's running quite slow, I'm very very new to linux, In fact this is my first attempt at it hahahahahah
Omerta

Keep at it NAS, you will be ahead of most when jorgen releases it for Linux. :wink:

fake
You cant beat people up then have them say "I love you"

Jorgen, you're the master

/me is waiting for someone to mention an Emacs interface to eXT2. ;)

~telengard

I'm pretty sure the xbox linux distros all use ALSA. I've also had this thought, specifically if one were to set up an eXT2 with a sampler with a bunch of drumkits and some fx, and then use xbox controllers as midi input devices (I'm pretty certain this has been done). Would make for some uber-fun drunken jams.

LOL! i never would have thought Xbox modding would come up HERE! :D i am something of the local "Xbox dood", i do mod installs for people and stuff. my Xbox basically never gets used for normal Xbox things :D
i would love XT on my Xbox!!!

so do you use Gentoox?

n8

NAS wrote:Yeah X86 733 mhz (Celeron i think) with 64 meg of ram, I'm running slackware on it at the moment but i need a keyboard...
sounds like just the thing for using your pc keyboard on your xbox...

http://store.yahoo.com/yhst-83367828278 ... useke.html

any USB keyboard should work without problems. There are howtos all over the internet on how to add standard USB ports to your XBOX. (the controller ports are just USB ports in a different form factor). I prefer XDSL (damn small linux for xbox) but I've used gentoox and debian before. I've actually got a fairly good connection for getting old xboxs. Especially ones where the DVD drive has died (which are still moddable/usable)

*blink*
Would rock if I could use that fugly POS console for something else than playing flacs and xvids. I only got it for Jet Set Radio Future and that one even sucked compared to Jet Grind Radio on the Dreamcast. :P

Return to “energyXT”