Muton Beta 3

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

I got a two button mouse today. That makes the whole experience a lot better than before.

I figured out how to load the patches into the OS X versions of SR202, DS404 etc.

One thing bothers me still. In the main Composer windo it is easy to double-click on a track to see the Piano Roll screen. How do I get back to the Composer?
iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2009), 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.12.6

muzycian wrote:The Player Panel is always showing the "focussed" player. It's that player that is used for midi input.
Now whenever a sequence part is selected, that part's player will become the focussed player.
That's clear and intuitive, so is the way to go, I think.
muzycian wrote:Possibly, in the pro version, we could add a switch wether or not the focussed player should follow any selected sequence part. But i guess that's Yes most of the time.

So i'll only add that switch if there will be a clear need for it.

What do you think?
Agreed. I can't see many people wanting to switch the part they're focussed on yet be playing a different player.

At least, not in the simple case of a single MIDI Channel. There may be the need to route per channel (you might have an external sequencer - another computer running another MUTON maybe? - driving some softsynths hosted in MUTON on various channels and want that to keep playing while you worked on a part in focus). But that depends on per-channel routing anyway...
muzycian wrote:By the way: i agree with what you said about the "Event Players". Maybe it's better to not have them, will make the application easier :) Multiplayers indeed is on the list.
Agreed. As above, flexible routing of MIDI In is also desirable :).

small graphical bug in the list editor... the full player name visible despite the column divider cutting it off.

jinnan_tonnix wrote:Bug in composer window where horizontal scroll bar is lost

1. Start with new session
2. Draw a sequence from bars 1 to 4
3. Click the horizontal zoom-in button (+)
4. Click it again.
5. The horizontal scroll bar disappears.
Fixed in beta 4; Caused by the same bug as reported before.

jinnan_tonnix wrote:Possible bug in sequence editing:
(More noticable with non-quantized notes)

When two notes overlap, the second note is not played for its correct time. It's always played staccato.

This is noticable when drawing in notes using the mouse to a sequence of unquantized notes recorded from a midi keyboard.
Isn't this VSTI dependent?

toxicoh wrote:One thing bothers me still. In the main Composer windo it is easy to double-click on a track to see the Piano Roll screen. How do I get back to the Composer?
You can press Escape or Return.

Or right-click and choose "close editor".

And from beta 4 on, when you're in the sequence editor or audio lab, clicking the window close button will bring you back to the composer.

(If you click the window close button in the composer, you'll be prompted whether to exit the application)

Note that doubleclicking the background of an editor pops up the mouse toolbox.

pljones wrote:I can't see many people wanting to switch the part they're focussed on yet be playing a different player.

At least, not in the simple case of a single MIDI Channel. There may be the need to route per channel (you might have an external sequencer - another computer running another MUTON maybe? - driving some softsynths hosted in MUTON on various channels and want that to keep playing while you worked on a part in focus). But that depends on per-channel routing anyway...
Yes, 100% agreed.
flexible routing of MIDI In is also desirable :).
I see :)

Reincarnating, step by step.

> DiGiT < wrote:small graphical bug in the list editor... the full player name visible despite the column divider cutting it off.
This bug resolved itself because from beta 4 on, the List Editor doesn't show the Event Players anymore, as the player is always defined by the part.

And you can see the part's player in the Player Panel. (if you didn't change that after starting editing the part)

muzycian wrote:Reincarnating, step by step.
Where's that :looks-innocent: smiley gone...

muzycian wrote:
jinnan_tonnix wrote:Possible bug in sequence editing:
(More noticable with non-quantized notes)

When two notes overlap, the second note is not played for its correct time. It's always played staccato.

This is noticable when drawing in notes using the mouse to a sequence of unquantized notes recorded from a midi keyboard.
Isn't this VSTI dependent?
It doesn't seem to be. I've tried it with FM7, 4Front Bass and Piano module, and Plugsound Free; they behave the same way.

You can get around it with the pencil tool by double-clicking the end of the non-quantized note to quantize the end of the note; then place the new note immediately after this.

But it seems that if two midi notes overlap, the second note does not play for its correct value.

Perhaps notes shouldn't be allowed to overlap?

When a note ends, a note-off command is sent to the player, the plugin in this case.

If the first note ends after the second note's start, but before the second not's end, then many plugins might cut all notes on that key on receiving the first note off, disregarding whether there are 1 or more notes playing.

I tried it with CM101: it plays fine
With Pro53: the notes are cut

It depends on the internal note-system (voice system) of the plugin.

I suggest you check out more plugs.

Return to “MUTOOLS”