about the prize money

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

..mmm.. lets see what's there when it comes to voting time..

I think the 'runners up' should be awarded the non-cash prizes that have been donated, on a highest gets the pick system (so first runnerup gets first choice; final runner up gets what is left).
#Top winners = #Entrants - #non-cash prizes

Split the cash between the Top winners.

I was kinda assuming that was in mind, but I thought it would be worth actually spelling out. If the number of entrants ends up being huge, then maybe consider a different approach.

:shrug:

DSP
Last edited by duncanparsons on Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i say give the winner a big fat prize

in the good spirit of the initiator

the runners up i have no opinion about

how about a special prize for something innovative with great potential but perhaps lacking in execution?

Let me put ut this way:

3:2:1 is fine, there are other prizes that are not money aswell. What would 10$ give you?
Shuriken.se, sonic weapons for the music ninja!

hmmm. right now, i'm thinking maybe we should do the "runners up get the other prizes". makes more sense, don't you think. i mean the random name thing is exciting and fun and all but it might be heartbreaking eg. if the 4th place person didn't get anything because their name didn't get drawn.

tuz wrote:hmmm. right now, i'm thinking maybe we should do the "runners up get the other prizes". makes more sense, don't you think.
Agreed.

i say.
50 % - place 1
30 % - place 2
20 % - place 3

seems fair ...

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”