Blue Cat's Digital Peak Meter Pro (2.1) + Tutorials + Skins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We have just released a new version of the now famous Digital Peak Meter Pro, a unique plug-in
able to transform the audio signal to various types of controls (see the screenshots below).

New in V2.0:
- The plug-in is now 100% real time thanks to the MIDI output capability: generated envelopes can be used to control any MIDI hardware or software plug-in.
- Advanced MIDI control with customizable parameters curve response and MIDI learn.
- Skinnable user interface with Blue Cat's Skinning language V1.2.1 support.
- RMS envelope support.
- new parameters for total control of the peak envelope detection.
- Real time envelopes display.
- All parameters can now be fine tuned thanks to a text-edit popup window that appears when double clicking on user interface widgets.

A step by step tutorial is available to learn how to use the new advanced MIDI control features:
http://www.bluecataudio.com/Tutorials/
There will be more to come given the large number of applications for this product.

Product link (Download the demo here):
http://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Pr ... kMeterPro/

Price:
A special introductory price lets you get the Digital Peak Meter Pro for 27.3 EUR (USD $32.76) instead of 39 EUR (USD 46.8 ).
Upgrade from version 1.x is 12 EUR only (USD 14,4).
Last edited by Blue Cat Audio on Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

:shock: Wow ! Looks very good.
Where is the purchase link for registered users, or will we get an email about it ?

Hello customer! Wow, you have been faster than I thought!
You will receive an email in a few minutes :)...

Can you give us some examples where this tool can be used best? For what purposes etc. I'm a bit lost here.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Here is a list of possible applications, more tutorials on http://www.bluecataudio.com/Tutorials/ will be soon released (there are already 4 of them about the Digital Peak Meter Pro (DPMP) ):
- signal monitoring: either real time (look a the screen), or offline (record the envelopes as automation curve, and see the envelopes on the audio signal in your favorite host). It's possible for peak & RMS envelopes as well as clip information.
- real time or offline side-chaining: you can use the envelope of any signal (typically a track) to control any parameter of any other plug-in on any other track. This allows you to perform side chain compression, ducking, it can be used as a voice-over tool as well... It's difficult to list all the application soffered by the tool.
- external MIDI hardware devices control: you can control external MIDI hardware devices that support MIDI CC messages with the RMS or peak envelopes of the signal. (example: the louder you play the guitar, the faster goes the Leslie of the Hammond organ etc.). It can be used live of course.
- use the audio signal to control parameters of video effects (many customers have bought the DPMP for this task): it allows you to synchronize the video with the audio with only a few clicks.

Maybe you can have a look at this (old) thread in our forum which list a few concrete examples:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=70145
(it's about the previous version).

By the way, all users all welcomed to send us their own tutorials. They will be published on our website, and there will be special offers on our plug-ins catalog for the best ones.

Compyfox, is it clearer now?

Congrats. This one looks a lot more professional and slick than the old version. It's great to see a 'simple' utility plugin evolve like this :D.

It's great to see a 'simple' utility plugin evolve like this
There have been a huge demand for this product, so it really deserved a refresh!

I think we have kept it simple (it's even easier to use now, with the real time preview and real time MIDI output) even though it's very powerful, since you can customize everything from appearance to MIDI response curves.

Tried Digital Peak Meter Pro 2.0 in:-

1) EnergyXT host DAW and
2) Cubase VST5 with Digital Peak Meter Pro 2.0 running inside EnergyXT VSTi

Both times Digital Peak Meter Pro 2.0 appears with an audio and midi in but only an audio out - no midi out. I tried altering the Digital Peak Meter Pro 2.0 Gobal Settings settings so that it loaded with midi out enabled for a parameter but still would not reload with a midi out - even after closing down my PC and then trying again.

Not sure if you are aware EnergyXT and it's rather unique environment as it is not one of the "big name" hosts.

I don't know how, or if, Digital Peak Meter Pro 2.0 would work loaded directly into Cubase VST5.
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

Thank you for your feedback!

About energyXT: I know this host, and this was a bug, it has just been fixed. A new version will be released within an hour. See the screenshot below:

And yes, the DPMP can work directly in Cubase, a tutorial will be released on our website very soon.

Wahoooooooo! :party: Thanks Blue Cat Audio!!! :)
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

Here it is! DPMP 2.1 has been released, code name 'hesnotthemessiah' :wink: .
It fixes the bug that makes some VST hosts not see the MIDI output.

hesnotthemessiah, can you download the demo and tell me if it works as expected?

By the way, we have also released a new skin for the Digital Peak Meter pro, you can download it here:
http://www.bluecataudio.com/Skins/Produ ... kMeterPro/

Last edited by Blue Cat Audio on Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Great skin !!

Great skin !!
Thanks! As you may have noticed, you can now use as many skins as you wish in the same session. So you can use the plug-in as a meter-only (see included skins), use it for the graphs only, reduce the size of the UI, change the graphs colors etc... More skins will be provided in the future, and you can as well create you own (see http://www.bluecataudio.com/Skins/Create ). To sum up, you make make this plug-in your own and customize it to your needs.

hey Blue Cat Audio this is off topic but can you guys make a dx to vst wraper that can wrap mic mod there isn't one that can wrap this plug! im asking you guys because Blue Cat Audio works with dx. thanks! hijack over

Wahoooooooo! Thanks Blue Cat Audio!!!
hesnotthemess, did you have the opportunity to try the new version?
hey Blue Cat Audio this is off topic but can you guys make a dx to vst wraper that can wrap mic mod there isn't one that can wrap this plug! im asking you guys because Blue Cat Audio works with dx. thanks! hijack over
Thanks for your interest wsaidah. Would you mind posting in our forum ( http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=52 ) so that we can discuss this topic a bit further?

Return to “Effects”