New version of Anna

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Also, i dont get the note stealing rules either..

If i hold one note down, then rapidly click another one while the first is held down, the other ones envelope is all messed up, and when i let up on the second one, the original first is not triggered again..
The following statement is true.
The previous statement is false.

long loading time,clicks,and crash in orion 7 on a pc running XP

much hope for the future tho

Nice...
Do please develop this project further...I liked what I heard (before it froze up) and look forward to hearing more in the future.

This has the potential to replace Synth1 as my goto synth.. I really like it - just need that ol' CPU down, or a new machine :)

DSP

LIMITAPROACHINGINFINITY wrote:Also, i dont get the note stealing rules either..

If i hold one note down, then rapidly click another one while the first is held down, the other ones envelope is all messed up,
What do you mean by "all messed up" ?
LIMITAPROACHINGINFINITY wrote:and when i let up on the second one, the original first is not triggered again..
Hm, what host? For me (when polyphony is set to 1) it goes back to the old note.
Stefan H Singer
Musician, coder and co-founder of We made you look Web agency

opia wrote:long loading time,clicks,and crash in orion 7 on a pc running XP

much hope for the future tho
What did you do when the crash occured? Just playing notes or changing presets or something else?
Stefan H Singer

duncanparsons wrote:This has the potential to replace Synth1 as my goto synth.. I really like it - just need that ol' CPU down, or a new machine :)

DSP
How about if we get the CPU down and you get a new machine just for fun? :) Seriously, the CPU will and must go down quite a lot, I wouldn't and don't worry about that part.
Stefan H Singer

bobsled wrote:Nice...
Do please develop this project further...I liked what I heard (before it froze up) and look forward to hearing more in the future.
Thanks! What caused it to freeze? The more info I get the easier it is to solve :)
Cheers!
Stefan H Singer

stefancrs wrote:What caused it to freeze? The more info I get the easier it is to solve :)
Cheers!
:dog:
Must test plugs in different hosts...

The "freeze" I wrote about happens soon after opening Anna in a certain host, not so in others. The cpu-hit, while high, can be dealt with on my end until Anna is optimised.

Go, SynthMaker, go...

Which host?! I still want to solve it even if it's ok in other hosts :)
Stefan H Singer

That would be Phrazor freezing-up...Usine took its time loading Anna but handled it well otherwise. Do please let me know if you need beta-testers, I'd be happy to help in any way I can.

Ok, phrazor freeze-up noted and saved! And thanks, just keep an eye open and maybe I'll ask for beta testers in the instruments forum or whatever later on :)
Stefan H Singer

OK - just put in my vote - It pained me not to be able to rank this one higher because it has some serious potential - but IMO it's not quite there yet.

As many have stated here already, the response is too slow, the CPU is way too high, and the presets are not normalized (a bit niggly I know, but a pet peeve of mine nonetheless)

Of all the issues, the cpu is the most discouraging - can you really optimize this baby down to make it useable? (It's peaking around 20-30% on most patches in MiniHost during normal play, P4 3Ghz)

I've been programming for 18 years and doing DSP stuff for about eight or so, and I'm quite confident that Anna will reach a normal CPU usage level. It's not like it consists of new weird kinds of CPU intensive types synthesis, filters or effects. I already know how to halve the EQ's CPU usage, but it doesn't eat up _that_ much CPU so I haven't prioritised it yet. Will get to it though :)

And, uhm, I just didn't have the time to normalise all the presets, sorry about that :)
Stefan H Singer

The Note stealing makes clicks in ext.

Also, hold down a note,
then hit the note right next to it (in mono mode), WHILE STILL HOLDING DOWN THE ORIGINAL FIRST NOTE,
then let up on the second note.. Not only does the second notes release envelope totally get CHOPPED OFF to zero time, but the first note is not retriggered..

I will LOVE this synth WHEN these problems are fixed (im sure you want to get to the bottom of it, so I'm probably gonna still vote this as my top synth anyways..)
The following statement is true.
The previous statement is false.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”