New version of Anna

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I could give you a list of specs etc
but if it is most likely due to something else I think I'll just wait til after dec 25th and see how they run on the new machine

a quick rundown is its an HP with 512 ram running XP and using Live & Orion with the aid of a tascam w/ included asio drivers (I downloaded the latest versions of when tascam was purchased)

a general slow loading in all of them,unwanted noise in some,freezing up during use in others with crashes here and there

amazingly I have been able to use loop drive without too much hassle
fingers crossed all the way though

Ok, thanks, and good luck with everything with your new machine, I hope it'll kick arse!
Stefan H Singer
Musician, coder and co-founder of We made you look Web agency

Unfortunately I didn't come across this little gem until after the contest was closed.

But let me say this: this will be my new goto synth. I installed it last night, played with the presets only, and no parameter manipulation, and had the most fun making music I have had in a long long time. Great ambience, great loops.

It will take me a while to really dig into this synth, but I'm setting some serious time aside to do just that.

Is there a Midi-CC map anywhere for it?
Accept no substitutes

Thanks!
Midi CC for most knobs (there are more knobs than CC numbers) will come when I'm able to release a new version, among some other new features (like free running LFOs)
Stefan H Singer

Sounds good. I'm looking forwards to it!
Accept no substitutes

stefancrs wrote:Ok, thanks, and good luck with everything with your new machine, I hope it'll kick arse!
new machine kicks ass :party:
anna working :party:
no crackles or crashing
still a bit slow to load tho

Cool! Congrats on the new machine, and yeah, it is a bit slow to load.
Stefan H Singer

Hey again.
Wanted to say, the more I get into this synth the more I'm blown away by it. Some of the things you've worked into here are just incredible.

I did a running test today between Anna and several other synths (Crystal, SynthMaster, a few others) and Anna just kept on coming out on top. Keep up the great work.
Accept no substitutes

So any news for Anna given the latest SM improvements?

No, sorry, unfortunately Anna is need of some additions/fixes in SM that basically no one else is in need of, so we have had to keep other things at a higher priority, but we're still working on it and it will come. I'm very sorry it's taking so much time, and I apologize.
Stefan H Singer

So, any news on Anna? I really liked this synth's sound but from what I remember the CPU hit was huge. Any chance of improving it?

No proper news atm no. I have been working on a new version from time to time, and CPU usage has been improved (at least on my machine), but nothing's ready for a new release yet.
Stefan H Singer

Thank you very much stefancrs. Soundwise Anna is one of the best VSTs ever made. :D :tu:
Evaluate but don't judge!

Thanks, I like it too :)
Stefan H Singer

Any news yet Stefan?

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”