[Pop] Everything Will Turn Out Right

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And another one with Jens. Not so sure about the mix (too much low?)

Everything will turn out right

Drums (real, acoustic, recorded, rock'n'roll !) by herodetus (thanx for the help - invaluable - and sorry it took so long to finish this).

I am at work, so the listening environment makes it impossible to comment on sound quality.

But I forgot how much I loved this song!

I will have more constructive comments when I get home from work tonight.

;)

Niice!

Like how t'beat doesn't really alter at the end, just gets hit harder/open hi-hat. Sometimes no rolls is good! Snare could do with coming up a tad for me - nice direct sound on the drums, but there's a bit of k-v-r hi-hat disease - hi-hats too loud, snare too low.

Geetars are excellente as is crooning, as always.

donkey tugger wrote:Niice!

but there's a bit of k-v-r hi-hat disease - hi-hats too loud, snare too low.
Oh what do you know, you don't even like Phil Collins.

f**king Yorshireman!

herodotus wrote:
f**king Yorshireman!
Actually, one is originally from Lancashire. :P

donkey tugger wrote:
herodotus wrote:
f**king Yorshireman!
Actually, one is originally from Lancashire. :P
Ooh, Maggie Thatcher-isms.

Aren't we cute?

Hey, give me my track back ;-)

respirator wrote:Hey, give me my track back ;-)
Sure thing.

In any case, I thought that the mix was very good. The bell-like sounds provided a nice change from the usual indie-pop guitar dominated arrangements. I like the construction of the song as well, the sparse, hesitant beginning makes the tutti section that follows much more dramatic.

Good job, Thomas.

And jens.

;)

.. very very nice! .. :)

putte

Thank you putte.

missed your recent posts, just catching up.

great stuff, really great - seems to suggest a number of things but basically it's a fascinating blend of melodic charm and textural depth.

gonna listen to the next one now.

I must say I slightly agree with DT about the drum mix, which isn't a criticism of the playing! The snare just doesn't hit hard enough for me.

That aside, I really enjoyed this, so thanks guys!

:)
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

Good stuff. Always love the details in your mixes, respirator (the stretched bell sounds here especially), and nice gentle singing. Great moment around the 2 min mark where you realise what you thought was the song itself was just the intro.

Great to hear some genuine live drumming, though the hi-hats do sound a bit distorted/odd in the final sections. Overcompression?

Great song, very inventive/quirky intro. I like it. I agree about the hats, they're a bit too loud. And I agree about the snare being too quite. I want to hear that two and four! All in all, this was a nice song to stumble across.

top pop indeed.
i have to be honest tho personally im a bigger fan of your experimental side...
however i can still hear good production and skillzors! nice stuff :)

Return to “Music Cafe”