SQ80 emulating VSTi available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Staffan wrote:Does anyone have any news about SQ8L ?
I wonder if we can we expect a working release soon ?
It is the best free VSTi that I've used and it is sad that it doesn't work in Cubase5/6.
Works fine here - Cubase 5.5.3 :shrug:

and it works in my 32bit install Cubase 5!

EvilDragon wrote:No news. I e-mailed Sigi over a month ago and received no reply...
Yeah seems quiet now..

We could try to contact him here.
http://de-de.facebook.com/siegfried.kullmann

We could let him know many "friends" he has, as he maybe doesn't know :wink:
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

olepro wrote:We could try to contact him here.

I did and even went as far a suggesting the new Reason RE SDK as a viable way to bring it to market as it's cross platform from the get go , has dedicated store , and "should" not be broken as often or at all as it would with many other hosts and platforms ( though I know there are many non reason fans here I think 6.5 going forward looks nice for us plugin junkies )

loungedumore wrote:
olepro wrote:We could try to contact him here.

I did and even went as far a suggesting the new Reason RE SDK as a viable way to bring it to market as it's cross platform from the get go , has dedicated store , and "should" not be broken as often or at all as it would with many other hosts and platforms ( though I know there are many non reason fans here I think 6.5 going forward looks nice for us plugin junkies )
Did he answer ?
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

So what about the other 90% of the world which doesn't use Reason? :P

Yeah no kidding. Most don't use reason. Reaktor would have been a better suggestion, at least that has a higher adoption rate. Reason has not really held up very well in terms of a platform.

Reason actually sells 2 nd behind protools . Reaktor ( though I love it ) is small frys .  Regardless i would love to see sq8l make its way to a 1.0 in some form .

Like hell it sells 2nd behind Protools.

PraxisCat wrote:Yeah no kidding. Most don't use reason. Reaktor would have been a better suggestion, at least that has a higher adoption rate. Reason has not really held up very well in terms of a platform.
Reaktor isn't a DAW.

Hi,
looking for a manual for the SQ8L. Found the manual for the hardware (SQ80), but the mod matrix (buttons MAT1,2,3) is not covered there.

The Matrix buttons are for the Matrix Modulator.

You use the Matrix modulator as 2 functions:
1st it can modulate other parameters. For example, to modulate pitch, one of the sources are MOD 1, 2,3.
2nd in the Matrix modulaor itself are 4 independent modulators that are multiplied/added together. So you can have for example 4 different lfos combined to make one crazy lfo as a single modulation. Or you can assign midi parameters that can be modulated with the miscellaneous sources as well. Someone might have to correct me if I'm wrong on this though.

The sources that are available are 4 lfos, 4 envelopes, velocity, velocity crossfade, key tracking (+ or -), aftertouch, the 3 matrix modualtors themselves & all 128 midi controls.

EDIT

Sorry I have the 2nd part wrong (besides the sources)
Matrix Modulator equals 1 modulator (of your choice), controlled by #2 & 3 modulator (of your choice) and the 4th modulation is used as a amplitude modulation of the whole matrix itself
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Thanks mate. :)

Few weeks ago i found a nice video that shows what this very nice VSTi can do:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2n2BzTMcfg
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Return to “Instruments”