NEXUS (T.C.S. Prt III)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've just been listening to Manuel Schleis' presets as well as re-listening to those on the reFX site again.
*ALL* of them, really *all* of them (ok, make that 99% if you wish) are drenched in reverb.
It's not as if putting the completely great AAR reverb wouldn't be a kickass decision to do, but I really wonder how well those presets would stay up without it. And, in consequence, it might even be a better idea to get the AAR reverb and run some other synths through it. After all, you could share the reverb between synths and audio tracks, not wasting CPU resources by using individual reverbs on individual patches.

I have hardly ever heard some synth demos with the reverb playing as much of a role as on these.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Now you'll get banned, Sascha! :-o

:hihi:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

NEXUS News:

The DEMO is slated to be worked out this weekend, which means we'll probably see it sometime mid-week next week.

@ Sascha, well that's why I stated on another (now deleted - I keep adding this fact, but seriously it really pisses me off) thread, that although MP3 demos are fun to listen to, I never base my decision on them at all, as there is far too much that can be done to the end result (added sounds, drums, composition, talented composer, playing style, FX, compression, mastering, etc). Although, I'm sure reFX has limited their mp3 demos to what NEXUS can actually do, it still says very little of what I can do with NEXUS.

Obviously, the reverb can be turned off or down as you'd like for each preset with the actual synth. So, I can't really blame them for wanting to put some polish on it all - especially, as you said, to show off the AAR reverb as well.

1-2-Many wrote: Obviously, the reverb can be turned off or down as you'd like for each preset with the actual synth. So, I can't really blame them for wanting to put some polish on it all - especially, as you said, to show off the AAR reverb as well.
Sure, but seriously, the demo sounds to me sound more like some AAR showcase rather than some synth presentation.
I mean, there's really a *lot* of reverb on most of the patches used in the demo.
Feed any more or less reasonably "super saw" synth patch into AAR and you'll probably end up with some pretty much similar results.
That's why, for many people interested in similar sounds, purchasing a dedicated reverb (and of course AAR would be an absolutely fuckin' brilliant choice) might be a better solution.

I will of course get the demo once it's ready and turn off the reverb, to see whether my comments are justified.
But so far I'm almost sure I could get get quite similar results by feeding, say, Blue, into the AAR.

On-line ROMPler demos are always going to be flawed because you cannot showcase the entire ROM set. And I for one can't be arsed spending the best part of a whole day downloading 2Gb just to find out I'm not interested.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

so you dont think its something you might buy then Bones?

jens wrote:
kevvvvv wrote:They're lucky to retain their memberships
:hihi:

and all the time I thought only Ben could ban members. :|

b.t.w.: you never made any secret of it that you are a huge Refx-fan, Kev. Perhaps it would be wise of you to keep out of this and let another moderator do the job here. Otherwise people could say you're acting on third-party interests. ;-)

I've long held the opinion that Kevvvv was either the original creator of KVR (Kevin Vincent,Vance,Victor? Rossitor- KVR- coinincendence perhaps, or just plain incorrect?, I've never bought the Knoxville Records story) or was instrumental in KVR's creation. This opinion is based in part on an answer Kevvvv gave to a question about memeber numbers some years ago. Anyway it's just a theory but I have the gut feeling Kevvv has far more power than just a Mod. :shrug:

Teksonik wrote: Anyway it's just a theory but I have the gut feeling Kevvv has far more power than just a Mod. :shrug:
I don't think this can be the case. Muse Research own KVR. Ben is the administrator of KVR (and has always been) and an employee of Muse Reserch. Kevin is not. I think Kevin is just one of the first members and only still moderator for old times' sake. This here is by no means the first time he used his mod-powers a bit questionably.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

OK - who moved my thread!?

Need I ask... :roll: Kevvvvvv your being a true fukwit!

Good review here:
http://www.amazona.de/index.php?page=26 ... le_id=1165

If you speak German...some good pics though for everyone else

Well, 1-2-Many, in this case it's undeniable that the thread went OT indeed.
Well, anyways, I guess I'll rest my case on the matter.

:roll: give me a break! It went no more OT than any other thread - kevvvvs just flexing his puny arm and being a prick!

There were only 2-3 post here that went OT - by far much fewer than other threads.

And if you'll notice, it didn't OT until kevvvv jumped in with his irrelevant post. :x

KVR is eating itself, and kevvvv is serving it up!

Interesting. The review is quite raving about it.
Actually, the sound demos are representing more than what's on the reFX site. Still quite a lot of reverb, but well, after listening to all the stuff, the library quality certainly isn't all that bad.

Sascha Franck wrote:Well, 1-2-Many, in this case it's undeniable that the thread went OT indeed.
nope - it meandered back and forth a bit - but much less than many threads in the instruments-forum

Return to “Instruments”