FreqAnalyst [freeware] Released !

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Blue Cat Audio
KVRAF
4820 posts since 8 Sep, 2004 from Paris (France)

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:00 pm

A new product has been announced! See the FreqAnalyst preview here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=164901
Last edited by Blue Cat Audio on Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blue Cat Audio
KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:35 am

Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst freeware spectrum analyzer is out!
Get it here: Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst freeware spectrum analyzer

liquidbrad
KVRer
29 posts since 12 Feb, 2006

Post Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:09 pm

In FL studio, I had the analyzer's gui open and while I was holding a note down on my pc keyboard, I moved my mouse curser over the gui, and each time I did this it makes the note stick. This might be a possible bug.

Blue Cat Audio
KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:16 pm

Thanks for your feedback. Did you check the CPU usage? Maybe your graphics card does not like the alpha blending stuff and the CPU has to do it all alone. We are about to release another skin with simpler curves that may solve this issue.

Blue Cat Audio
KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:49 pm

The "Fast Display" skin is now available for download:
http://www.bluecataudio.com/Skins/Product_FreqAnalyst/
This skin set (mono and stereo) is similar to the default one, except that it does not uses alpha blended surfaces below curves. Recommended for configurations with old graphics cards, when the original skin uses too much CPU.

liquidbrad
KVRer

Post Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:06 pm

For CPU usage, I have 1 percent, and it stays level. I actually can't complain about that.

Blue Cat Audio
KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:11 pm

liquidbrad wrote:For CPU usage, I have 1 percent, and it stays level. I actually can't complain about that.
Sorry, I meant the actual CPU usage on your machine, the one you can see whith the task manager: the processing CPU usage of the plugin is quite low indeed.

liquidbrad
KVRer

Post Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:35 pm

I keep it relatively low, it could be at 5 percent and still happens. I don't get any spikes, no signal interference. It just makes the notes stick. I do notice that when I use my midi input device and try to recrate this problem , that I can't and everything works fine.

It has something to do with inputing notes on a QWERTY keyboard and the GUI in Fl Studio.

I tried to recreate the problem in Ableton Live 6 and everything works fine.

I'll have to give the fast display skin a try.

Blue Cat Audio
KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:44 pm

If it works in Ableton live and you just have 5% cpu hit, it's not a cpu issue. I guess that in FL when you move the mouse onto our plugin the application looses focus, so it does not catch keyboard hits anymore, hence the stuck note...

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”