its caturday, yay!

Classic threads from OT live on here...
vurt
addled muppet weed
53410 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:45 am

20191110_144406.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hink
Rad Grandad
29564 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Re: its caturday, yay!

Post Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:13 pm

:love:
Albert Einstein may have been a genius but his brother Frank was a monster

Hink
Rad Grandad
29564 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Post Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:21 pm

my vudes is so silly, she has what I call her patting spots in the house. The arm of my chair is number one, then the front window sill window (she also wants to be picked up there), on a little shelf between the main door and garage door and a new one just popped up...on top of one of my tower speakers in my bedroom.

Today I was in my room, I called her and tapped on top of the speaker (first time I tried that but it works at the window) but she didn't show up. About a half hour later I go into my room and she's sitting on my speaker looking at me like she had been waiting, I go over and start patting her, she stands up and because we were then on the same level she put her nose to mine :love:
Albert Einstein may have been a genius but his brother Frank was a monster

vurt
addled muppet weed

Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:08 am

fireworks : "wtf? they're noisey im trying to sleep!" head back down to sleep.

weird electronic noises "wtf are you listening to?" head back down to sleep

rain on the window : "aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh!!!!" must run around like mad hissing and meowing.

wtf? :o

vurt
addled muppet weed

Post Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:48 am

20191114_184656.jpg

dont let the cuteness fool you, hes a ruthless savage, my legs are ruined :o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jace-BeOS
KVRAF
5207 posts since 7 Jan, 2005 from Corporate States of America

Post Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:37 am

Hink wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:21 pm
my vudes is so silly, she has what I call her patting spots in the house. The arm of my chair is number one, then the front window sill window (she also wants to be picked up there), on a little shelf between the main door and garage door and a new one just popped up...on top of one of my tower speakers in my bedroom.

Today I was in my room, I called her and tapped on top of the speaker (first time I tried that but it works at the window) but she didn't show up. About a half hour later I go into my room and she's sitting on my speaker looking at me like she had been waiting, I go over and start patting her, she stands up and because we were then on the same level she put her nose to mine :love:
My cats also have their very specific places they want to be in to get attention. In the “wrong” place, girl kitty will act like she’s being bothered. In the right place... SHE IS the bother. She can yell like crazy for what she wants, where she wants it, but is a lousy communicator about what she actually wants.

It can be really bizarre how deeply entrenched my cats are in their routines. I think NOT following routines is the thing that most bothers girl kitty. Boy kitty mostly doesn’t care (he’s also very dog-like), but he does like to hang out in the warm bathroom with me (wintertime, running the heater).

I can actually see very definite differences in their behavior patterns based on the season. Girl kitty is a bag of bones and fur, since she doesn’t seem to be very food motivated (had to get mertazepine cream to make her eat more)... so she’s obsessed with being on laps ... and on my bed (preferably with me in it, but she’ll take it without... which is forbidden, because she’s a frequent puker :puke:).

A new routine is that I have to let her jump up onto the couch, onto a quilt I normally use to protect my clothes and lap from cat filth when I watch videos (it’s a donated leather couch; sucks heat off in the winter). I then have to wrap or cover her with the half of the quilt she’s not laying on. This might take three or four tries before she’s satisfied, and just PUTTING her there is a huge no-no. Sigh. Sometimes when she leaves it, it’s still possible for her to curl up in it again later, but usually I have to manually adjust it.

I’ve considered getting one of those covered clamshell style cat beds, but they have a history of ignoring every product I buy for them. The cat condo would be a good place to curl up and be warm, but girl kitty seems to use that only in summer (“shade”? Boy kitty finds “shade” under a desk). Boy kitty is a huge beast and doesn’t need the extra insulation of a clamshell bed; the regular cat beds on carpeted floor seems to work for him.

Can’t seem to upload photos here from my iPhone. :shrug:
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
24978 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:07 pm

Jace-BeOS wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:37 am
Did you try adding them as attachments?

vurt
addled muppet weed

Post Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:34 pm

mine wont upload them from photos, but if i screenshot the photo i can upload the screenshot version as an attachment.
i think the camera pixels is too big a file but for some reason the screenshot is smaller.
im on a samsung but hopefully it might help.

thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

Post Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:18 pm

image(100).jpeg
image(99).jpeg
image(98).jpeg

The kittens are getting bigger. They're 6 months old now.

vurt
addled muppet weed

Post Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:51 am

:love: look like they're enjoying the outdoors.

Jace-BeOS
KVRAF

Post Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:52 pm

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:07 pm
Jace-BeOS wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:37 am
Did you try adding them as attachments?
Yes.
vurt wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:34 pm
mine wont upload them from photos, but if i screenshot the photo i can upload the screenshot version as an attachment.
i think the camera pixels is too big a file but for some reason the screenshot is smaller.
im on a samsung but hopefully it might help.
Yeah, the message was that it was too large. Why don't forums (or iOS) offer resizing options for uploaded images?
Last edited by Jace-BeOS on Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS
KVRAF

Post Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:52 pm

[messed up; wrong button; is there a post delete?]
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

Post Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:35 pm

vurt wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:51 am
:love: look like they're enjoying the outdoors.
They're only allowed out under supervision atm. They both managed to get through the fence to the neighbours garden last week. It took a lot of coaxing to get them to come back home.

Return to “Off Topic Classics”