Improvements!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sure, uhm, if only keyboard input would work on all hosts... this is a major construction area (just like preset switching), as I might have to convince certain host manufacturers to change stuff in their hosts even... sigh... we'll see...
True, and I use a host that is quite notorious for this (Live).

I think the improvements to loading/saving of presets for modules and MSEGs is way more important.

Thanks URS!

:D

kodama wrote:
beej wrote: Actually, I like the template selector as it is (refinements aside).
Well it would be much more useful if you could save as well as load templates from these menus.

But the way it is now, everything must be manually moved to Zebra's sacred library manually (I wish Zebra could just preview h2p files also without having to move them there).

Also, if you look at the Template Selector on the OSC module, there should be one just like it on every other module, right there on the left.
yes, especially for arp's too

Quick question...Why does the patch selector ALWAYS re-initialize if I close Zebra2 and re-open it in Logic? Meaning if I want to select a different patch in the subfolder, it just starts over all the way at the top again.

please sort the presets in one "ordner" alphabetical, if there are fxp and h2p files

might be nice to have a filter to display only h2p, fxp, au so one can see what they are from the zebra gui... and or color coding for the different presets

Urs wrote: - on Win, presets & resources can also be kept in Vstplugins dir
- preset changes via midi, cursor keys
I'm not sure what the advantage of moving the presets/resources from it's current program files directory would be. I personally keep all my banks and presets in a separate folder on a different drive that's easy for me to keep track of and backup.

So, short of a user-definable preset location moving it from one location in the program files to another seems to be 6-of-1/half-dozen of the other. In fact it's slightly easier for me to get to the u-he directory.

Just my two-cents.
Now Somewhat Retired

puffer wrote:
I'm not sure what the advantage of moving the presets/resources from it's current program files directory would be. I personally keep all my banks and presets in a separate folder on a different drive that's easy for me to keep track of and backup.
From what I understand Urs is adding this feature to enhance the compatibility of his plugins with the Muse Receptor. I don't think those of us using a PC or Mac should really be using this. That's why he's not even mentioning a presets location change for Mac since Receptor is Linux/Wine based.

bg wrote:Urs, please fix PolyAT so it works with global transpose. Thank you.
Does it not work? I'm pretty sure that 2.1 had fixed any PolyAT issue... no?

bmrzycki wrote:
puffer wrote:
From what I understand Urs is adding this feature to enhance the compatibility of his plugins with the Muse Receptor. I don't think those of us using a PC or Mac should really be using this. That's why he's not even mentioning a presets location change for Mac since Receptor is Linux/Wine based.
I'll eventually add a user definable location, no prob.

Many people bug me about puttin the stuff in the Vstplugins dir (which is how it was at the beginning... Filterscape etc.). Which I will not recommend, for instance because hosts scan everything for VSTs and thus they'll launch slower if there suddenly are thousands of presets and what not.

Later,

;) Urs

Been mentioned before, and it may be problematic, but XY 'presets' within a patch would be a great addition. Tas and Beej have both saved alternate versions of their patches with different XYs, so I'm sure it would be a welcome feature. I guess the trick to doing it is not adding something that might freak out the average user.

I won't mention how cool it would be to switch XY presets via MIDI too :-)

Urs, if you're working on GUI-related things - it would be helpful to have some visual feedback on any knobs/dials that were being effected by the XY's...

...e.g. If I use Logic automation to control the Cutoff - I can see the dial move so I know what value it's currently set at - the same feedback when adjusting values with the XY's would be a big help.

Cheers - J

Urs wrote:
???? It seems to be working fine for me!?!?!?

marzzz wrote:
Urs wrote:
???? It seems to be working fine for me!?!?!?
I'm sorry, my mistake. I thought I was running the latest version, but I'm not!
:oops:
I apologize, Urs. And thanks, marzzz.

abstract wrote:Urs, if you're working on GUI-related things - it would be helpful to have some visual feedback on any knobs/dials that were being effected by the XY's...

...e.g. If I use Logic automation to control the Cutoff - I can see the dial move so I know what value it's currently set at - the same feedback when adjusting values with the XY's would be a big help.

Cheers - J

+1

+1 -- but only if you, say, create a static line to know where the default position is -- or make the automation effect an additional layer/color in the control.

So you know where you SET it, and where the current position is based on automation.

Return to “u-he”