Atlantis Rocks

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jackson wrote:Bumping so I remember to check this out tomorrow. "Unfortunately", I have to go to the Air concert tonight and won't get a chance to check this beast out :hihi:
I'll keep it bumped for the same reason. Thanks...

Hey Shandar - looks like you win. The last one you posted was my favorite...
Atlantis
Fatass
More
http://jeremyevers.com

Thanx for this great plug in!! will you fix the "c:" directory, to have everything in the same folder than other vsts??

Jeremy Evers wrote:Hey Shandar - looks like you win. The last one you posted was my favorite...
Thanks! 8)

with no contenders it was easy :hihi:

Still I don't think the preset is close enough.
I hope that someone else will post a better one.

Whoah, just found this one. A very positive surprise of a synth with a great personality. Thanks, Jeremy!

*bump*
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

http://rapidshare.com/files/29416178/dj ... X.zip.html

Here's some presets for both the FX and instrument plugins for Atlantis.

Jeremy Evers: I think something's wrong with the Coarse tuning knobs. When you move it to +12, it sounds like 11. (I think it skips 3 or 4 in terms of output change)

Thanks for the patches! Some of them, like PULISYA and bad SID, are nice and inspiring.
A patch browser or a prev-next button is needed here, hopefully in a future update.

A particular favourite of mine (effects) is the "Ottowa Manica" preset. Loudness controls the cutoff. :D (Very very nice with Short-decay percussion) and one of the FM distortion ones.

Presets, it's "Meowlead", "Angry Kitten", "Mellotron strings" (even though it doesn't really sound like them), "Walkie Talkie Distortion", "Weirdo whine" and "Whistle" (or anything that has a 'blowing' noise to simulate air)

EDIT: Oh yeah, the "Harpish Keys" is also my favourite. :P (taht was made from scratch)

EDIT: Oh shittens. I played around with the presets again and now the coarse is working properly. GAH. $%@%@#

Some nice sounds, and some harsh ones. That's what Atlantis is all about.

There's a new version up on my site that fixes the issues with denormals, and using midi with the effects version. Thanks to Jon Grönvall and Steve Tomlinson for testing it.

It also has some gui improvements, so when I get a minute I need to make some new screenshots. Go check it out and read the manual: http://jeremyevers.com
Atlantis
Fatass
More
http://jeremyevers.com

Please please, dump the chips folder in the same folder than the dll, I can't imagine the mess it could be if all my vst dropped a folder in C:/. This synth i really great, I hope you coul do something about this little hint!

I tried out version 0.9b (I believe) the other night and the CPU spikes were through the roof! I tried about 100 random patches of varying approaches and none of the resulting sounds were particularly interesting. But it really was completely academic as the CPU spikes made the actual functionality of the synth unusable. I still hold out hope for this interesting synth with the great routing options!

SciFiArtMan

SciFiArtMan wrote:I tried out version 0.9b (I believe) the other night and the CPU spikes were through the roof! I tried about 100 random patches of varying approaches and none of the resulting sounds were particularly interesting. But it really was completely academic as the CPU spikes made the actual functionality of the synth unusable. I still hold out hope for this interesting synth with the great routing options!

SciFiArtMan
SciFiArtMan - Check out the latest beta - version 9c - Jeremy did some serious work on this over the weekend. The CPU spikes are no longer there for me with 9c...
"Sometimes I think of Abraham...
How one star he saw had been lit for me"

Thanks SWTrex, I sure will. I thought I WAS using the latest version. Guess "the latest" is always changing! :) Thanks for the heads up!

SciFiArtMan

0.9c. Just tried it. Now the oscillator tune problem at +12 semitones for all oscillators skips the change for +3. (ie: +12 sounds like +11), except this time it does it ALL the time now.
Already tried different instances. It's doing the same thing regardless now.

Host: Cantabile 1.2
Sound: SB Audigy 2, running Creative ASIO at 48kHz fixed. (pitch is fine in general, it's just when tuning to +12, it's not correct.)

EDIT: A bit of more checking. Transpose iS acting the same too.

I think you might need to have a look at value offsets and when the output actually changes on slider adjusting (octave, tune, transpose, notably) , it seems to be off by a fair bit.

Return to “Instruments”