New old Sonic Ensemble -Track - more classical

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This track is dated, but I did some arrangements on it recently.
Probably u can hear some Mike Oldfiled-Influenca :wink:
What do you think?

(and it's not really mastered considering the high frequencies, yeah)

http://www.musik-und-text.de/streams/so ... -mouli.mp3
Last edited by thomekk on Sun May 06, 2007 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

Yep I can 'hear' Mike Oldfield (whoever he is) :)
Interesting work, although a bit 'sharp' at the start.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

:) Hi,

thanks for giving it a listen!
Concerning the "sharp" thing, I don't consider this as really "mastered" at all right now.

cheers
Symphony Nr.1

Thanks for this, thomekk. It's like a safari of different musical styles, a bit renaissance-feeling at times, held together by that rondo guitar theme.

That reminds me, I must buy your album. I tried last month, but got a bit confused by German paypal. I'll try again. :)

Hi Barnadine,

hey, I am glad you enjoyed the safari drive :D
I hesitated posting this here, because I was not sure if it appears too mixed up,
but anyways. Maybe it is like it is and finished (or the ouverture to more, if I only knew :hihi: )

Considering the album and your confusion about german paypal:
I'm sorry for this (Watto also had probs, but somehow "managed")!
Unfortunately I cannot test how this appears to act when you click on Paypal from other countries than here, when I check it from here (germany) it all works fine.
If you want PM me if there still should be puzzles and I'll check it.

Thanks for the review,

thom
Symphony Nr.1

Grazy tune...i could never do something as weird as this :hihi: ...Mike Oldfield doesn't have the bollocks to do such a thing. He's a lame duck, a lite version of misunderstanding Steve Reich even though he works with FL now.
Do i like it? Yes and perhaps...i like the 'classical' interferences a lot, but the guitar is a schnarri schnarri. The whole pasta needs some strengh, some coming to the point.
As you know, i like weird things, but i also like straight arrangements or tough serial music with different parts.
Conclusion: I like it, but it's more a sketch than a produced piece of music. To make this experience, the cd 'Kleine Höhle auf dem Berg' from our beloved artist is available through the link below:
"It dreamed itself along"

mellotronaut wrote:Mike Oldfield doesn't have the bollocks to do such a thing. He's a lame duck, a lite version of misunderstanding Steve Reich even though he works with FL now.
:lol:
schnarri schnarri.

You're funny my dearest! What does it mean? Maybe you mean it's not well integrated, hmm, really?
Thanks for your words!!! Have to think about what you said considering "strength" and maybe you're right, I still saw this as a sketch for a long time and had recently fun arranging/changing some notes, I have no clue :cry: :)
Just thought I had to post something after a longer time, as a starting point for my "serious strength all instrumental project, there's one CD waiting to get published with top stuff,
probably I have to promote my other actual stuff before that better :oops:
Symphony Nr.1

I like it as is and i am not just saying that. College radio would love you for this. Morning becomes eclectic.
Trippiness at its finest. Seriously.

what the heck is going on here...mello sHusis and sHushi mellows....funny... !
"It dreamed itself along"

mellotronaut wrote:what the heck is going on here...mello sHusis and sHushi mellows....funny... !
:lol: :hihi:
It took a time to get what you meant, got it! (hihi)

And thanks, brother shush for the college radio association :wink:
Symphony Nr.1

Thoroughly enjoyed this. Kind of a medieval feel. :)

It sounds fresh and original, it's a kind of crossover among different genres, many good variations and unusual solutions. Well done

Cheers

:D Hey thanks Glassy and Laguna!

@Mick: Yeah, it has this medieval feel possibly, was thinking of dark old chamber music, don't know.

@laguna: Yeah, it's a stylee mix for sure (but hopefully sounding dark 'n old)

I have one album of Sonic Ensemble in the pipeline with more medieval elements mixed with metal and classical schmock, stay tuned. Though I'm still hoping that some more guys will like my Thomekk-Album (not so medieval 8)
Symphony Nr.1

Just listened to it twice, fine'n'pleasant composition with lots going on, performed sweetly. But you could work on the mix a bit IMO. What I didn't like: in the vibes/strings part it sounds quite distorted, almost fuzzy which doesn't fit the tune, I would like the whole thing more if it was sounding softer, annoying clicks in vocal part, the verb is too big for my taste.

Zombie Queen wrote:Just listened to it twice, fine'n'pleasant composition with lots going on, performed sweetly. But you could work on the mix a bit IMO. What I didn't like: in the vibes/strings part it sounds quite distorted, almost fuzzy which doesn't fit the tune, I would like the whole thing more if it was sounding softer, annoying clicks in vocal part, the verb is too big for my taste.
Hi and thx finehearer Zomb-Matee!
I think you're right with some of your remarks (though I like the reverb).
Don't know when these parts be fixed. This thing could be remastered/re-mixed, don't know when though.
I'm thankful for your precise feedback.

The Sonic Ensemble-CD will bring more of this. :)
Symphony Nr.1

Return to “Music Cafe”