tearing the fabric of reality...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

this illusion.

getting closer to the ultimate live vurt ensemble, from here on in i think its about building the right sample sets and presets in the relevant synths, the random recorded loops seems to work well and add some some sense of rythym for the normal folk to hold on to, but still allows plenty of playability for the more esoteric minds to be messed with.

any comments or suggestions of which bits work and which dont would be greatly appreciated, and i know its difficult but please try to imagine a large screen or two with random images and a light show, obviously i might need to flesh it out depending on length of set? but so far so good imo :)

Your going out live with your stuff??? Good for you, man. I think it would be good to definitly get the visuals involved, should be interesting.. As far as what works or not, thats tough for me to say.. I think with the proper images it can ALL work.. For me, since you painted the picture of images and lights, I think I need to see it all to be of any use suggestion-wise.. I'll say if you get a complete show with the images and light correalating with the music that would be quite impressive, and an IMMENSE amount of work,. It should be rewarding to complete....
link to my Asspace page(Myspace) This has become a necessary evil http://www.myspace.com/worldofshit1

:tu:

enjoyed this ...

Killvehicle wrote:Your going out live with your stuff??? Good for you, man. I think it would be good to definitly get the visuals involved, should be interesting.. As far as what works or not, thats tough for me to say.. I think with the proper images it can ALL work.. For me, since you painted the picture of images and lights, I think I need to see it all to be of any use suggestion-wise.. I'll say if you get a complete show with the images and light correalating with the music that would be quite impressive, and an IMMENSE amount of work,. It should be rewarding to complete....

yeah im thinking more along the lines of cafe bars at the moment, doing installation type work. cant see me in da club :hihi:
the visuals is kind of a given, i dont want people lookin at me :o
when i said random images, i meant the images would be as random as the sound if ya get me? each sound will have attached visuals so it will make sense when played back, also i will have full MIDI control over the visuals too so they will be matched as perfect as latency across two MIDI devices allows(hopefully)
maybe in the very distant future when im a stadium headline act ill even have dancers, but for now a UFO club type lightshow(i have some friends...) and the right crowd i reckon i could have fun, and yep its a lot of work and as you say worth it in the end.
thats why we do it though, we love the work :hihi:

thanks for takin the time out for this kv, i know its not your regular listening fair, but that to me makes me even more positive it may just work.

normal wrote::tu:

enjoyed this ...
hehe, cheers normal.
not seen you around much lately, hope that means youre busy in the studio :hyper:
or perhaps building something ... :o

vurt wrote:the visuals is kind of a given, i dont want people lookin at me
Cool thing, it'll be a creative show
I like this sample of 'live ' acting
There are many focal points in it.
Attention of the listener shifts

Cheers

cool, as im aiming eventually for this to be a full set, id like too keep the attention shifting around, keep people interested. but still to have focal points to pull back to, there has to be some sort of occassional continuity or people can get lost.
its finding the equilibrium.
or get high trying :D

vurt wrote:cool, as im aiming eventually for this to be a full set, id like too keep the attention shifting around, keep people interested. but still to have focal points to pull back to, there has to be some sort of occassional continuity or people can get lost.
i reckon your right, patterns sometimes need to be obvious for them to be quickly accessible in a communal sense.
mp3 is lovely, good luck. :D

genius

I like this vurt, able to stay up for 20 minutes of mixed noises and sounds without being boring,

just the end with all speaking samples is a bit "heavy" IMHO,

the overall atmosphere is nicely creepy, as it could be a soundtrack for a film about ghosts,

there are classical elements like the organs bits with reverbs, the freaky voices, the swing echo like distant church bells, the insects noises "too close to you",

so you could make it work live both with abstract images and with clips from movies (with no audio of course)

my 2c

laputa_sync wrote:
vurt wrote:cool, as im aiming eventually for this to be a full set, id like too keep the attention shifting around, keep people interested. but still to have focal points to pull back to, there has to be some sort of occassional continuity or people can get lost.
i reckon your right, patterns sometimes need to be obvious for them to be quickly accessible in a communal sense.
mp3 is lovely, good luck. :D

yeah, its kinda tricky, i want to keep it "vurt" if ya get me, but also find and capture ears of a bigger audience.
im starting to find a happy medium, i can get a full half hours twiddling done before the missus complains hehe...

opia wrote:genius

:oops:
how much is my mum paying you?

liqih wrote:I like this vurt, able to stay up for 20 minutes of mixed noises and sounds without being boring,
cheers lugi, thats the trick, makin it sound more random than it is, but not too random it gets to be background noise. try to keep something interesting happening that makes people want to listen more...
just the end with all speaking samples is a bit "heavy" IMHO,
but thats my favourite german evangelist show from sky :(
:hihi:
the overall atmosphere is nicely creepy, as it could be a soundtrack for a film about ghosts,

there are classical elements like the organs bits with reverbs, the freaky voices, the swing echo like distant church bells, the insects noises "too close to you",

so you could make it work live both with abstract images and with clips from movies (with no audio of course)

my 2c

yeah there will be video as well as pictures, i doubt this would work without, specially as otherwise its just me to look at and ill be honest im an ugly f**ker :)

thanks for listening and the input :)
all good stuff 8)

I know I say it often but hopefully it's still ok to genuinely thank you for sharing your audio madness. I really enjoy it.

runagate wrote:I know I say it often but hopefully it's still ok to genuinely thank you for sharing your audio madness. I really enjoy it.

course its ok, you want another?

Return to “Music Cafe”