The North Pole

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.bigwussy.net/music_samples/368.mp3

Revolves around some random incomprehensible semi-melodic human vocal sounds.

Thanks for taking the time. :)

edit: The title
Last edited by Genetic_Junk on Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This is really cool, I get an oldschool Sonic Youth vibe from it perhaps because I'm not familier with any other music of this style. I'm really loving this track as it goes on. The tempo changes work very well as the feeling of the song changes. It stays very cohesive for all the stuff thats going on. Really good work.

3am

Thanks for the comments justin. Glad that you liked it. I started off the song with British Sea Power in mind but in the end it didn't really turn out as I intended. Still ended up interesting in its own vein.

Thanks again for the commenting.

Genetic_Junk wrote:http://www.bigwussy.net/music_samples/368.mp3

Revolves around some random incomprehensible semi-melodic human vocal sounds.

Thanks for taking the time. :)
Wow, liked it = sounds vaguely like a couple 20th C groups I can think of, but not extremely like any one. I'm sure it could be improved in many ways, but I just wanted to say I like it.

Thanks for commenting frog_jr. A lot of things could be improved. The guitar rhythms could be tighter and the singing, even though its been transmogrified to the max, could be more precisely pitched.

One thing that kind of bothers me about my songs is that they sound (at least to me) overly produced. I'm sure this is a result of the way I work and the ease to apply all kinds of effects to individual snippets of sound. There's nothing wrong the the produced sound but it's difficult for me to resist applying different effects to each couple bars of a guitar or synth part. I suppose one way to get out of this is to play each part (instrument) of the song all the thorugh rather than part by part.

Glad you liked it frog.

Very Bowie! Nice one Genetic pop meister! :)
Image Image

Thanks polyslax :)

bump

Bump yourself!

Hey, thanks!

Return to “Music Cafe”