Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst (free) & FreqAnalyst Pro updated

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Blue Cat Audio
KVRAF
4859 posts since 8 Sep, 2004 from Paris (France)

Post Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:10 am

We are glad to announce the release of Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst 1.1 (freeware spectrum analyzer) and Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst Pro 1.2 (professional spectrum analyzer and automation/MIDI CC generator). upgrade is of course free for registered users.

Enjoy!

Official announcement available here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=195110
Last edited by Blue Cat Audio on Sun May 25, 2008 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darem
KVRist
457 posts since 29 Jan, 2007 from Vienna, Austria

Post Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:02 am

Blue Cat Audio wrote:We are glad to announce the release of Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst 1.1 (freeware spectrum analyzer) and Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst Pro 1.2 (professional spectrum analyzer and automation/MIDI CC generator). upgrade is of course free for registered users.

Enjoy!

Official announcement available here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=195110
The new versions fail to accept my key. I wrote a mail to support about this, but it might have been that the answer was deleted as spam.

Am I the only one with this problem?
daRem - PinkLime Studios

Blue Cat Audio
KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:14 am

Hello,

we have replied to your request and sent you another key to be sure. We will re-send it again from another email address (check that it's not already in your spam). Anyway, the licence key changed in v1.2 and we sent you an upgrade email with the new key some time ago. It seems you are trying to register with the previous key (1.0).

Sorry for the inconvinience.

neilpullen
KVRist
195 posts since 28 Jun, 2006

Post Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:17 am

Congratulations on your 1000th KVR post Blue Cat, that's a milestone :D

darem
KVRist
457 posts since 29 Jan, 2007 from Vienna, Austria

Post Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:20 am

Blue Cat Audio wrote:Hello,

we have replied to your request and sent you another key to be sure. We will re-send it again from another email address (check that it's not already in your spam). Anyway, the licence key changed in v1.2 and we sent you an upgrade email with the new key some time ago. It seems you are trying to register with the previous key (1.0).

Sorry for the inconvinience.
Caught it now. Thanks :-)
daRem - PinkLime Studios

Blue Cat Audio
KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:00 am

neilpullen wrote:Congratulations on your 1000th KVR post Blue Cat, that's a milestone :D
Yes indeed! :tu:

tlen
KVRer
3 posts since 20 Sep, 2008

Post Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:37 am

Hi,
i would be really interested in buying the FreqAnalysis Pro, but 'because i work with 96khz, i'm not able to monitor with the actual FreqAnalys wich arrives up to 22khz.
If you extend the range to the Niquist limit 48khz, i would gladly buy it.
It's really a good program.
Thanks

Blue Cat Audio
KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:13 pm

Hi,

thank you for your message. You are right, today the FreqAnalyst series show the audible spectrum only. It is true you could expand it to the Nyguist frequency, but what kind of usage would you have for it? Since human beings cannot hear above 22 kHz, you will usually not need to look for frequencies above, will you?

tlen
KVRer

Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:20 am

Hi,
i expected such a reply eheh

The point is that doesn't matter if "theorically" humans can hear up to 22khz, in a real life studio recording, doesn't matter what humans can hear.
The instrument are recorded in the wider spectrum possible in order not to lose anything in the sequent mixing/editing phase.
Moreover sometimes there are electrical or noise well above the 22, and i as a audio engeneer have to know about them and eliminate no matter what (because they could insert themself in lower frequencies during the mastering phases).

In other word, for a serious work instrument, there have not be any limitation, or at least the only limit has to be the actual technology limit (96khz at least).

At the moment (unfortunately) your software is unsuitable for a serious studio usage.

Hope you've understood the point :)

EDIT:
I think you could add an "autosense" routine in the software which limits the spectrum reacting to the input frequency, same way as Audition do.
With a 44kz input (CD) the software could autolimit to 22k, with a 48kz (dvd) to 24kz with 96khz to 48khz.
Or better put an option to enable/disable the autosense limit.
Or even better make selectable the limit range.

Blue Cat Audio
KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:09 am

I won't enter the debate about the actual reasons for using higher sampling rates and the content of these frequency ranges given the limitations of music gear (microphones, digital consoles...).

However I agree that in some situations you might need to have a look at higher frequencies than what the human ear can detect. Today the choice was to limit the display to 10 Hz-22 kHz to keep it simple in most use cases for our customers.

An additional range selector is of course not excluded for next releases if this is something needed! Thanks for the feedback. Anyone else interested in this feature?

tlen
KVRer

Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:35 am

Glad to hear that.
I like the simple and effective design interface of the plugin.
So as soon the extended range will become available i'll sure jump on train :)
Thanks

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”