LiveSlice 1.47 beta thread

Official support for: livelab.dk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gotcha. Thanks for the update BTW.
I'm better than you. Deal with it.

ohm wrote:Is it clicking only on the first event or mostly on the first event?
first event all the time unless there's enough silence in the beginning of the event.
ohm wrote:Does this happen with all loops or just this one loop?
Half of my loops. This problem didn't exist with earlier versions.
ohm wrote:Is the clicking only on beginning of events or do you get clicks if you just add one event?
Clicking occurs on the first event regardless of if you reorganize the loop. However, if an event has enough silence in the beginning (due to manually setting the slice of that event back a few notches) clicks won't occur. Some events that normally wouldn't click will click if set to be the first event. Others won't click due to having enough silence in the beginning of the sample.
ohm wrote:Is the clicking only on beginning of events or do you get clicks if you just add one event?
Clicking occurs from the beginning of the event.

ohm wrote:Is the clicking related to tweaking parameters? Does it happen when the GUI is closed too?
Clicking is not related to tweaking parameters. It happenes regardless of if the GUI is closed or not.

IMO, it's clear that the slices seem to be secretly pushed forward. In one of my loops, almost all the events click. It wouldn't click in previous versions.

Architeuthis,

Can you post a link to a loop (or, even better, a LiveSlice fxp) that shows the problem?
Or email one to ohm?

That will help track this problem down.
=============================================

And, two from me, found while I was extending the Commands Guide:

BR 115 - Deletion of a recording did not delete the loop
[using b147 rc6]
- I recorded some loops into LS
- I deleted them from the Loops section, by middle-clicking them
==> the recording name was changed to "empty",
==> but the recorded loop remained loaded in the loop slot and in LiveSlice

BR 116 - Changing slices using Sensitivity does not update Arrangements
[using b147 rc6]
- I changed the Slicer Sensitivity by scrolling the mouse wheel over the slider or right-clicking the value,
==> any track that is [Locked to loop] was not updated correctly, most events were removed
[this is OK in v145]

ohm wrote:I might remove that "show actual duration" option, it's just that if you have a very long event, and put a short event right after that, it will be cut off so you won't have full WYSIWYG... IYKWIM ZOMG and whatnot.
Nah, keep this option, it is valuable - we can always turn it off if/when we don't want it.

Arrite, let me post one of my loops: http://www.elanhickler.com/misc/plankyhat_100.wav

Architeuthis wrote:Arrite, let me post one of my loops: http://www.elanhickler.com/misc/plankyhat_100.wav
I tried your loop but could not detect any clicks.
- here's a screenshot of the first hit in the original loop and the same hit after I played it back from LS and recorded it.
- apart from being slightly quieter, they look the same to me.

Perhaps my methodology is suspect?

Bigger pic:
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/5651 ... i01ra7.png

BR 117 - Slice info not always saved to file
[using b147 rc6]
- load a loop
- change the number of slices by dragging the [Sensitivity] slider or clicking it
- save the loop
- load the loop into a new slot
==> the new slice info is not saved.

This works Ok for setting the number of slices by right-clicking the numeric value or dragging it or scrolling the mouse-wheel over it; or by setting the slices manually in the waveform display.

PS - Also I get a graphics glitch when I am editing a loop to rename it.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:Perhaps my methodology is suspect?
You should post the recording so I can listen to it. Maybe you just aren't hearing the clicks because you don't know how the loop is *supposed* to sound. Or it's possible that it's a reaper-only bug.

I've been trying to resolve problems with my Korg MR-1 and even the technical support guy can't hear the buzzing in the recording... makes me feel like the world is against me. :bang:

Architeuthis, I hear click(s) on your file within XT (i tested in Reaper too) but i have been getting these clicks with my own files as well and it all has to do with the slice settings (at least for me). For some reason with your file, no matter what slice settings i have it set to, there are clicks somewhere. With my files, i can usually get rid of the clicks with a slice setting of about 8. So the less number of slices, the better the sound (less clicking).
Maybe it also has to do with my files being shorter in duration as well (2 bar loops at most)that i can get rid of the clicks with a lower slice setting.

I haven't responded sooner because i am really offering no help with what I know so far.
My files are recorded in XT and exported as 16/44 wav files so nothing fancy.

http://shup.com/Shup/29505/clicks.PNG

aha! i captured the click

Former Pharaoh wrote:it all has to do with the slice settings
The problem is bigger than you think. It's impossible to get rid of the clicks on the first event because you can't move a slice to negative values. Lets say the first event slice starts at position 0. I would have to move the slice to -1 to get rid of the click. That is impossible.
Former Pharaoh wrote:So the less number of slices, the better the sound (less clicking).
Well uhhh... this isn't true either. :? It's not the # of slices that make a difference, it's the position of the slices. If you position it right, you don't get clicks. And even if you do get clicks, LiveSlice should automatically compensate for that with a tiny fade-in. However, I'd rather the problem be FIXED then REMEDIED if you know what I mean.

I would have to move the slice to -1 to get rid of the click. That is impossible
Maybe if you shift your monitor to the right a bit????? :cool:

Maybe if I shift your brain... :smack:

:ud:

Architeuthis wrote:http://shup.com/Shup/29505/clicks.PNG

aha! i captured the click
Yep, certainly looks like a click to me.

But can you tell me where that is in your plankyhat_100.wav file? - in terms of samples or milliseconds, so I can have a look here

Under win xp64 LiveSlice 1.47 RC6 crashes Cubase Studio 4(latest 4.1.3) with the "serious error" and "save under another name and restart Cubase" and "if persist send Cubase.log file". Now I have been playing live lately and must admit the releases have been coming quickly so I will investigate more. I quickly ran Phrazor and LS was fine. Just an FYI post--short on details. Thanks Ohm.

Return to “Livelab.dk”