Constructivism; archaic - lines over ground

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

this was an object I had around for a good while, which just sat there, summing up to nothing
it was a decent shape I thought, but it didn't do anything

I decided to through-compose something, freely making lines over it, as a passacalle
material derives from sailor's hornpipe and the main fragments from my stupid sea chantey fantasia

hulls and parts

I tried to avoid cliche, and the lines are a little subversive, where they end up sometimes

I'm loving these tracks of yours more and more each time I hear them. I like to string them in a series and listen to them all at once since they are so short. Great work again.

Ambient drones and sea chanteys.

Perverse. I'm such a sucker for wind-up toy noises, though ;)

0;47 what cadence is that? thrill to the ear

justin3am wrote:I'm loving these tracks of yours more and more each time I hear them. I like to string them in a series and listen to them all at once since they are so short. Great work again.
thanks agin

my preferred running order:

sea_sic/nebublob
sweetdreme
this one, 'bild one'
antimatter cont. field
segue/traumo/bon voyage/mermonster's horn

and then 'skybed'

>cj, ?

@ 0.47 it just goes to a no-3rd-having 'I' from the no-chord 'dominant', which is the 4-note main frag. [ma pa ni sa sa]; it's oddly satisfying amidst the ambiguities..
> or what's next?, which is a double plagal thing, to (minor v, 2nd inv or) bVII add6 - 'sa, pa' {12, 7), soprano; 'pa, ni' (7, 10), bass: [C#-F#-B, p4ths]

actually was ignoring 'chords', favoring *lines*

half as long as 'beatles'...
:wink:

very nice proggy...i like it!
"It dreamed itself along"

mellotronaut wrote:very nice proggy...i like it!
Funny that you say that, and I fully agree - after reading some of the comments above, I expected a totally different music. Might be because I listened to a radio-show a friend of mine runs on a local radio, and there were slightly similar sounds (names are always a bit boring, but it is indeed proggy and "art-rock" or so he plays).

For my taste this is a VERY nice short music, jancivil, and indeed it reminded me of some classical structures (like many good prog pieces contain), and is a very nice piece of music.
I didn't understand what is "subversive" about it though. Will do it like justin3am said and listen to all other pieces I can find of you, as this is the first one I listened to. Short music can be great, as we see here :)

thanx klemperer

what i meant by subvert, was endeavoring to avoid the more obvious pts. of arrival in the construction of parts, which gave me cool 'chords' @ those points, surprises..

jancivil wrote:thanx klemperer

what i meant by subvert, was endeavoring to avoid the more obvious pts. of arrival in the construction of parts, which gave me cool 'chords' @ those points, surprises..
aah, thanks. By now I downloaded it seems all the recent songs you posted. I like the sounds of many, but as others suggested I play them randomly and forgot which one belongs to which thread. Very "versatile" or so music. All with lots of ideas.
And thanks for explaining! That makes sense, and by the way I generally like the idea of avoiding obvious parts in any genre.
You could go on and send a part of a song or a whole one like or however every day, so we'd have a "Adventskalender" at KVR with jancivil-songs. That would be nice surprise. (Just the contrary of me, I seem to send, besides close friends, a song every 7 years or so :hihi: )

every day? seems a challenge

:!:

8)

this huge overweight heavy rock one could require a couple days, just to get round her heft

I like it ! Reminds me what I love so much : the early Canterbury scene, the beginnings of bands like Caravan, Soft Machine, Hatfield and the North, Henry Cow and many more !
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Return to “Music Cafe”