stable field [shunyata)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

N conversion

interstellar vehicle baby

that was wicked short, but cool statement.

I really like how the bass tones are at odds with each other. You really have some talent for programming... was this done with Absynth? Great work.

oooh, nice ambient piece here. reminds of being in the locker of a battleship, and passing by an anomaly..it happens all the time really.

very cool little soundscape.

thankx

made in absynth with a lot of splitting stereo into two mono and manipulating the fields

sum & difference

what, someone read my continuity? this is where the amorphous monster becomes a spaceship and travels to terran seas to encounter the form-bound ship

I would never do anything like this unless it was at least 20 mins.(I do this sort of stuff)
This music style is most often found in longer forms usually called a "piece" rather then a snippet size. 2:10 mins are for the beatles.

I'm bummed it was just 2:10
Don't post anything this enjoyable as a snippet...plssss :cry:
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

rofl

well, that's my whole problem then, I thought this was the Beatles.

As this is opening, inside I'm grinning from ear to ear. These are the things I love.

My bass is rumbling the glass lamp on top of one of my speakers with that "clipping" kind of sound that can be desireable, the kind of sound that gives it soul.

The nasty higher pitched sound gives it a menacing, powerful, intimidating feel. This is one microwave you don't want to put your hand inside =P.

My only complaint is the length! Maybe by changing the pitch of the bassy sound into a slooow harmonic pattern (6 or 8 different notes being repeated with a few things added in to keep it interesting) could really make me, personally, fall in love haha.

Nice though, I like =).

How many different sounds do you really have going on in here? How long did this take you to make? I wouldn't judge the piece by those parameters but I'm just curious.

And if you were referring to your insight into six drunke- er, blind months, I can definitely see this fitting into that whole storyline =P.

Nice, nice, nice.

Would it be rude of me to ask if I could use this? Maybe make my own extended version? I use Fruityloops, I don't know if any project files you might have, assuming you'd let me do my thing, would be compatible in any way (I'd imagine not if it was made in "absynth", which I don't know of but could do some research in).

salt and pepper,
TraiT
01014.org - the 01014 net label
:phones: 24/7 label-community radio :phones:
Submit tracks for radio here
twitch

TraiT wrote:As this is opening, inside I'm grinning from ear to ear. These are the things I love.

My bass is rumbling the glass lamp on top of one of my speakers with that "clipping" kind of sound that can be desireable, the kind of sound that gives it soul.

The nasty higher pitched sound gives it a menacing, powerful, intimidating feel. This is one microwave you don't want to put your hand inside =P.

How many different sounds do you really have going on in here? How long did this take you to make? I wouldn't judge the piece by those parameters but I'm just curious.

And if you were referring to your insight into six drunke- er, blind months, I can definitely see this fitting into that whole storyline =P.

Nice, nice, nice.

Would it be rude of me to ask if I could use this? Maybe make my own extended version? I use Fruityloops, I don't know if any project files you might have, assuming you'd let me do my thing, would be compatible in any way (I'd imagine not if it was made in "absynth", which I don't know of but could do some research in).

salt and pepper,
TraiT
if you can make it your own, go for it. it'll require absynth, fer sher, tho'

this was about eight different, but similar harmonically, absynth patches. the same bass solo midi part was sent to each patch, one at a time. most of these I split into two mono files after mixdown of the absynth buss, which was 'stereo wide'. I built it comparing first two passes, then more, finally I used six I think.

took about a whole day, then another for this mix, which is a remix. I went for hot, not safe, the microwave affect you mention, hadda happen

I tracked it in cubase. project is one .mid, the bank of absynth (which is downloadable from that user lib) patches. I used cubase plugs magneto, symphonic, Q filter, and double delay

most of what happens is in the patches, I expanded them using typical stereo field trix. the bass solo does determine the shape. to extend it, would just mean extending that part, with the same patches. patches are designed to make a lot of sound from mimimal input.

edit: took a couple days for this treatment. the patches took, I donno, a long time; I'm still making patches from those ones. it's a pretty killer bank if i must say so.

Hmm.

Well, it seems we use different software and I don't really think I can put money down right now for cubase or much else. I just got Fruitloops 7 which, compared to FL6 is freakin amazing, they finally got an audio editor in there which seems to be pretty powerful, everythnig got streamlined. I only just got to glance at it this morning.

Currently I'm working on a lot of projects, not just musical- I live alone in a cottage so I'm working on rearranging the whole place and I'm buying an LED interacting coffee table (it's basically a coffee table with 6 or 8 panels of circuit boards consisting of LEDs and photo sensors, as you move stuff over it it does different things, waves, ripples, ect, freakin awsome- I suggest you look it up on youtube =P), but it turns out I'll have to solder all the boards myself. Sounds much harder than it really is. On top of that I have to manage somehow getting a carpet in there and fixing my laptop and maybe getting my desktop to not shit on itself and blah blah- I got a lot on my plate =P.

Long story short, I want to make a project out of this- what will probably end up happening is me just mimicking the sound and adding a bit of my own flavor to it. I'll probably mimick the process too as I'm somewhat new to abient soundscapes and plugins. I see your posts everywhere and I try and give people feedback as often as I can so I'm sure we'll see each other's names around, I greatly look forward to seeing how I can get my hands dirty with this.

In FL, one thing I've had an idea to do for a while is one channel's meter as a controller for another value- a parallel idea to how you described your process. I think I may make this a project and really set my mind to it, learn FL a bit through it and such.

I'll keep in touch with what I have =P. I've never worked off of someone else's idea let alone someone I could contact.

If your microwave was deadly and vicous, I want people's eyes to get burned out just by looking at it =P. Or maybe I could sample parts of it and use that as a controller...

Haha, so many ideas. Sorry for the long post. You'll see it around =P (but don't look -too- closely!)
twitch

here's an approach: this was basically a mix of like six audio files, derived as i described

you can grab 'em

here

but, like en las manana

Got em, thanks!
twitch

those [nebulus and 4-in-one] are mixes, and more-less finito:

the sidebar will have 6 discrete absynth tracks as mp3, NB: very quiet, which i didn't recall

- up momentarily

bandwidth exceeded, too sad :cry:
Input: watching the world go by ...
Manifestors: AMD Athlon XP 2600 / Terratec DMX 6 Fire / Windows XP / Cubase SX ...
Output: McCartnoTRON

i'm done uploading to it, which comb'nd w other downloaderz would cause that

and downloads now work

Return to “Music Cafe”