VCS3/SynthiA inspired VSTi for you... free

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EDIT (February 23th): I made a complete update of the synth, rebuild nearly everything including making my own matrix and some nicer graphics. The zip-file and screenshot below is therefore updated too. Give the new version a try :-)

Hi there

I was encouraged to post my SynthEdit creation here so people can try it out and give some feedback.

Its a modular based synth were everything can be connected through a matrix just like in the original. Don't expect it to sound like the original - its all made of standard SE components and I made no attempt to emulate the filters or so. If anyone can do it let me know and I'll put 'em in... The ringmod is also pretty boring, so if you have screaming one let me know.
However - it should have the same possibilities for (absurd) routing and patching as the original. Want the output of VCO1 to control the frequency of VCO2? Just do it :-)

Note that the two top rows in the matrix are just ornament - I wouldn't risk any dangerous looping by allowing you to loop the output into the synth again ;-) One version of the original had this possibility, but I've seen other editions where the two outputs going in to the matrix were replaced with alternative sources from the VCO's. I might change that in the next version.
There's also a few buttons missing compared to the original, but I'll try to implement them in the future.

Anyway... here's a screenshot:

As you can see layout and graphics is not what I put most effort into - sound and patching possibilities are important here (and I'm pretty stupid at photoshop)

http://nigo.dk/junk/Putney.zip

They're setup with a basic patch to get you startet, but just fool around.
I found the manuals to the original on http://www.thesynthi.de - they might be to some help for you.

So... what are your thougts? Any feedback is welcome :-)
Have fun with it!
Last edited by ninecows on Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

looks good! i have two tiny kids in my lap right now, so i can't test it for you immediately, but i look forward to testing it soon
rrrc.bandcamp.com||bandcamp.com/blatanville
"ALL YOUR CUBASE ARE BELONG TO REAPER" - 5.1 Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:17 pm
i9-10900CF|32GB|Nvidia RTX3060Ti|Win 11|REAPER|FLStudio|more plugins than I've had hot meals

hey sir, the fx version won't load in xt2. something about an invalid image. the vsti version does, and sounds freakily cool. i made my name with the leds. :)

pandashake wrote:hey sir, the fx version won't load in xt2. something about an invalid image. the vsti version does, and sounds freakily cool. i made my name with the leds. :)
The FX version didn't gave me any problems in Reaper, but I'm working on putting a VSTi together where the inputs work as they're supposed to. Perhaps in combination with a pitch to cv and amplitude to cv module so the input's pitch or amplitude can be used as a control voltage.

I'll also put in a delay/phase module in the matrix so you can send a signal through it, delaying it so it will be out of phase with the original.

novaflash wrote:for fun a max/msp version :
http://web.mac.com/pierre.couprie/Logic ... A9_V4.html
This one is as buggy as hell! :?

ninecows wrote:The FX version didn't gave me any problems in Reaper, but I'm working on putting a VSTi together where the inputs work as they're supposed to. Perhaps in combination with a pitch to cv and amplitude to cv module so the input's pitch or amplitude can be used as a control voltage.
I had no joy with reaper, either for the vsti, or the fx version...
rrrc.bandcamp.com||bandcamp.com/blatanville
"ALL YOUR CUBASE ARE BELONG TO REAPER" - 5.1 Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:17 pm
i9-10900CF|32GB|Nvidia RTX3060Ti|Win 11|REAPER|FLStudio|more plugins than I've had hot meals

thorau wrote:
novaflash wrote:for fun a max/msp version :
http://web.mac.com/pierre.couprie/Logic ... A9_V4.html
This one is as buggy as hell! :?
Sadly, yes;

I can't test your vst right now, but i will in the very near future.
Do you plan to improve the GUI ?
Thanks for sharing it !

sinkmusic wrote: I can't test your vst right now, but i will in the very near future.
Do you plan to improve the GUI ?
Thanks for sharing it !
Not really... I know some of you guys like to have something fancy looking, but I neither can or will make that. However if somebody else want to have a go at the GUI be my guest :-) I'll keep focus on functions and stability instead ;-)

With regards to those of you that cant get it to work... I'll try to test it on a computer without synthedit to see if there's some modules/files thats not packed into the .dll, but as I understood Synthedit it should take care of everything.

Thanks for testing by the way :-)

If you want I made a new build. Some 3rd party SE modules are included and perhaps they're not unpacked correctly for those of you having problems. Therefore I've made a zip this time: http://www.nigo.dk/junk/Putney.zip

Good luck

Return to “Modular Synthesis”