DiscoDsp PHANTOM FREE on Beat Mag !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vista wrote: ... other interesting BEAT-CD issues with:
[...)
- Drumazon Beat-Edition !!
IMO the Drumaton BEAT Edition sucks. It cannot be used with external Midi from your Host, so it doesn't really do anything significantly more than the regular Demo-Version.

But the magazine sometimes really has nice Plugins on it's CD.

Well the Rob Papen Synth from last year sucked even more: stopped after 2 hour of work, saving and loading presets in the full version wasn't possible, and it stopped completely after a certain date - so you were FORCED to actually buy it. Unlike with ReValver SE - still use it from time to time for crunchy sounds.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

can any german kvrian explain what the limitation on all those "Beat editions" are? Sadly I don't understand german, but I may be able to get hold of Beat up here.

Like I said:

Predator:
- Stops after 2 hour work
- Stopped working after a certain date (which was short before new years eve last year)
- Presets to the pro version weren't exchangable
- no crossgrade deals

Drumazon:
- couldn't be connected to the host in terms of sychronizing/MIDI CC
- you could only edit "in the box" and it played along
- Crossgrade deal was possible
- No other limitations afair

Phantom:
- didn't test it yet, but according to the specs, it's unlimited usable, in other words a full working version

ReValver MkII SE
- This one had less FX modes and Tube stages
- Only like8 Impulses
- You can't load other VST plugins "into" the Revalver Rack (a very cool feature of the pro version)
- Crossgrade Deals were possible
- else it was usable without limitations

eXT SE
- no info, didn't test it yet
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I got my copy of the magazine and the much wanted cd-rom with Phantom today. So I asked at discoDSP how to register the program and I was informed by George that we can't register it, we don't get updates and no support whatsoever!!

Of course he confirms that it's a legit version (I didn't think that BEAT would give out his VSTi without his permission), but really, since there's no protection on his synths anyway, what's the difference between BEAT's version and a warez version? I like to have legit programs in order to:
a) support the developers and of course
b) get support and updates.
Neither is happening with this version.

Or maybe I should just chill out? :shrug: What's your opinion?

You should just chill out and enjoy this free copy you got with the magazine. You don't get to register and update it, because you didn't buy it. At least it's not a feature limited "BEAT edition". Maybe in the future when there's a new version (which I'd love), that one would be bundled with another magazine, who knows.

I guess you're right. I'm just having a bad night, can't sleep and feeling grumpy, that's all. :drunk:

Return to “Instruments”