phatbeatz - drum sample vst with sequencer - demo

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

.......and manual and you can order if you wish :-)

phatbeatz is a sample based drum machine vst with a built-in step sequencer, fx, in-place preview of samples and drumkits, automatic loop tuning, drag-n-drop and a bunch of other features.

go to .....

www.scuzzphut.com

for a demo, manual, videos, sound previews and pre-order.

I expect to have the full version ready to ship in the very near future.

Nice one.
I tried the demo and find the Samples /Kits management very fast and easy :)
I like the Mixer too (though I was not able to make the FX work)

But the Step Sequencer :cry: ...

1. Other time signature than 4/4? (limiting the length of a pattern to any value)
2. Shuffle also applying to eighth notes (each third step) and not only to sixteenth notes (each second step)?
3. Midi Out?
4. More than 32 pattern?
5. An internal Song/Chain mode?
6. A higher Step resolution?

Best regards
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

First off, I'd like to congratulate you on this excellent plugin, scuzzput. I haven't been much for step-sequencing since Hammerhead days ( :hihi: ), but this guy makes me think twice! The included library already sounds great, it's fun to use, flexible, and I love how it has loop-syncing as well as samples. And at this price tag, I'm seriously considering picking it up. :clap:

However: I'm experiencing some dreadful timing glitches in Cubase SX 3; could be on my end, but I'm not sure. Looping is just not smooth. Have Cubase users had any problems with Phatbeatz?

Hi bduffy - glad you like it :-)

Can you let me know some details :

I assume SX3 is in loop mode - how many bars are you looping ?
Can you give me the details of your ASIO driver?

Drop me a line - scuzzphut@scuzzphut.com and we'll see if we can't get this sorted :tu:

Hey scuzz,

Turns out it's like what I said to my last girlfriend: "it's not you - it's me!". Seems that I needed to tweak my MIDI settings and use the "System Timestamp" in Cubase: I just did some playing and the loop was fine, from 1 bar to 8 million. I'll test it some more to double-check.

I'll drop you a line anyway, I got a couple comments/suggestions, but overall, just loving this thing. I hope more KVR-ers notice it: it should be perfect for this crowd and has homegrown appeal. :D

It would be cool if it could load battery or .sf2 kits.

bduffy wrote:Hey scuzz,

Turns out it's like what I said to my last girlfriend: "it's not you - it's me!".
that old chestnut?
bduffy wrote:Seems that I needed to tweak my MIDI settings and use the "System Timestamp" in Cubase: I just did some playing and the loop was fine, from 1 bar to 8 million. I'll test it some more to double-check.

I'll drop you a line anyway, I got a couple comments/suggestions, but overall, just loving this thing.
thanks :tu: this is the kind of technical support that I like :hihi:
bduffy wrote: I hope more KVR-ers notice it: it should be perfect for this crowd and has homegrown appeal. :D

local boy releases drum plugin - has a nice ring :)

This Drum Plug is really cool! Kind of reminds me of BeatCraft but in Plugin form. 8)

Man, this is funny: I'm getting the small timing glitches again...then they go away. God, I need a new computer! I'll send in a full report to your email.

I'm using a EMU 1212m with Creative ASIO drivers, don't know if you've had any issues with them.

It was working fine but now every time I load it up it says "Access Violation"?
:shrug:

I got that once: you have to read the readme that came with it: copy libsndfile-1.dll to the install folder!

bfunku - can you email me your system specs ? particularly cpu type, sound card and driver.

Never mind I got it to work again. It doesn't work in VSTHost though. Works fine in Cubase SX3 and Reaper. 8)

Cool - thanks for letting us know :-)

VSTHost issue might be a problem with timing information - it's not a sequencer, so there might be timing information missing , which phatbeatz needs...

scuzzphut wrote:VSTHost issue might be a problem with timing information - it's not a sequencer, so there might be timing information missing , which phatbeatz needs...
You say which information you need, I say "missing" or "there". 8-)
"Until you spread your wings, you'll have no idea how far you can walk." Image

Return to “Instruments”