New Synth - NOVAkILLER - Now at v1.5!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BONES wrote:Is this an indication that finally, after so many years and countless thousands of plugins, people have finally reached saturation point? Who'd a thunk it!?! Not so long ago any new plugin would get two or three pages of responses easily before I had to start bumping the damned thread.
definitely. theres soo many vstis. and soo many vst plugins. once you understand how one capable synth or effect works, any synth not as capable just takes up space.

bump for the update :cool:

thx again Bones :)

Peace
Dubadelica - Electronic music since 1996 http://www.dubadelica.com/about.php
Radio Rebelde - Modern roots reggae with an electronic twist https://radiorebeldereggae.bandcamp.com/

Hey BONES... Aside from color whats the difference between this version and NOVAkiller RED?

This has Hard Sync as well as FM, it now has the X-Y Pad from the XE-platform synths to mix LP/BP/HP/Notch filter output and the VCA envelope has the interpolation [slope] buttons that the Mod Envelope has in red. It also has a bug-fix where the LFO used to stop working as soon as you released a key - it now runs until the Release stage of the envelope finishes. It might also have extra LFO destinations, I think.

I haven't tried but you may well be able to substitute this one for red without any problems as they do come from the same original project file. i.e. It might read the red patches OK.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote:
I haven't tried but you may well be able to substitute this one for red without any problems as they do come from the same original project file. i.e. It might read the red patches OK.
Indeed it does... at least in REAPER anyways.
Thank you sir!:tu:

It sounds great, haven't had time to fully jam on this or the other new Novakill plug yet.

Love the unison mode.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Yeah, you can thank Chris Kerry for that. He put quite a bit of work into it in response to some comments I made about his old set-up and I think it is fantastic now. I've also been really happy with how light this is on CPU, considering that there are really two oscillators and lots of modulation going on most of the time. In fact, I am happier with this instrument than I have been with any previous thing I've made.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: I am happier with this instrument than I have been with any previous thing I've made.
as am I (a devout fan of FEARkiller and BRAINkiller)and agin, thank you. any word on COLDkiller yet? :hihi:

BONES wrote: It also has a bug-fix where the LFO used to stop working as soon as you released a key - it now runs until the Release stage of the envelope finishes.

This is really good news to me. I hadn't really bothered to try making pads with this one. I hope ANGSTkILLERmini will get this bugfix as well.
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

COLDkILLERmini is done, I just have to finish the freakin' manual. Maybe next week, sometime.

BONES wrote:COLDkILLERmini is done, I just have to finish the freakin' manual. Maybe next week, sometime.
:hyper: :clap:

I wouldn't get too excited. Its interesting, quite different but not something I would ever find a use for, methinks. But ouroboros has made some pretty slick patches for it that show it off pretty well.

Return to “Instruments”