SupaTrigga REQUESTS and BUGS thread

Official support for: smartelectronix.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I finally downloaded SupaTrigga today, and it sounds great.

But it seems to be completely unpredictable. :(

1) I realise that using probability percentages will introduce randomness, but if these probabilities are set to 0% or 100% should make it (more) predictable.

For example, if I set Granularity to 4 slices, Rearrange Prob to 100%, Slow Prob to 100% and everything else (apart from Slow Speed) to 0% or off then I would expect every slice to be slowed. However, the "slows" still occur at random intervals and for random lengths of time.

I think I get a similar issue with Reverse Prob. However, Repeat Prob is fine.

Is this a bug, or have I misunderstood how it should work?

2) When I load the default setting, sometimes it make no effect to the sound at all (yes, it is turned on!) Other times it behaves as expected.

3) Instant Slow hardly ever works for me. Even if I don't change any settings after it appears to work once, it won't work again. Instant Repeat works fine.

I'm using Live 4.1.1 at 110bpm on Windows XP Pro SP1.

robbmasters wrote:3) Instant Slow hardly ever works for me.
At which point it started working, of course. ;)

But unpredictably...

If I left it on the slows occurred at different points in different measures. Usually at 3.1.1. or 4.1.1, I think. But sometimes not at all... (Rearrange Prob still at 100%).

don't know if this has already been reported but automating the fx bypass button in Cubase SX ocassionaly crahes SX...

robbmasters wrote:I finally downloaded SupaTrigga today, and it sounds great.

But it seems to be completely unpredictable. :(

1) I realise that using probability percentages will introduce randomness, but if these probabilities are set to 0% or 100% should make it (more) predictable.

For example, if I set Granularity to 4 slices, Rearrange Prob to 100%, Slow Prob to 100% and everything else (apart from Slow Speed) to 0% or off then I would expect every slice to be slowed. However, the "slows" still occur at random intervals and for random lengths of time.

I think I get a similar issue with Reverse Prob. However, Repeat Prob is fine.

Is this a bug, or have I misunderstood how it should work?

2) When I load the default setting, sometimes it make no effect to the sound at all (yes, it is turned on!) Other times it behaves as expected.

3) Instant Slow hardly ever works for me. Even if I don't change any settings after it appears to work once, it won't work again. Instant Repeat works fine.

I'm using Live 4.1.1 at 110bpm on Windows XP Pro SP1.
I have the exact same problem...
Id also like to know how I can set it so that (for example) the slow down will slow down over a number of bars and not just 1 beat

As said before its unpredictable now...if there's some way to fix that that'd be awesome
Also using Ableton Live 4.1.1 but @ bpm's ranging 120-140bpm on Win XP Pro SP2

"I finally downloaded SupaTrigga today, and it sounds great.

But it seems to be completely unpredictable."

isn't that the whole point in it?

Unpredictability can turn a track into mush real quick, cheif. You want some control, not just a freeform free-for-all.
Why cry about your own desires, when I could have them and leave you standing in the sadness of your own....

johnyluxury: you probably dont want to use a tool like supatrigga if you are interested in control - it's based on probability, so the plugin decides when to apply the different modifications. It would be interesting though to hear any ideas you control freaks have on how to get more control over supatrigga - post them here as a feature request.
This thread is for bugs and FR's, not for discussing wether or not people like to use supatrigga. Anyways it's been ages since the plugin has been updated anyone know if it's been discontinued? If so, I might be wanting to create a supatrigga clone to promote my own VST stuff, and because I can't use it with my host, because it has no presets (programs)...
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

bram seems to be quite busy these days so i don't think there will be an update soon as supatrigga works well in what it is supposed to do.
so i think you should just email bram and ask him directly, ohm.

btw: are we to expect a vst-version of your live-slice? ;) i didn't dare to install buzz as i'm used to live and not that into modular hosts.. but i'd truely love to use your plug. ;)

p.s.: ohm, nice tracks on your site.

I think with instant reverse you'll have to wait for the buffer to fill before it can be reversed. this might explain why certain parameters take time to react.

live cut sounds wicked, and would be a welcome addition to the live plugin toolkit alongside supatrigga. can't wait..

R.A.W: I hate advertising my own stuff in somebody elses forum, but anyone interested in betatesting liveslice (VST version) are welcome to PM me with an email adress, OS and host.
Glad you like my music - I really enjoy the bitmud stuff too.

ohm wrote:Glad you like my music - I really enjoy the bitmud stuff too.
thanks, nice to hear that. we got some new tracks which are not on the site yet, but soon i'll update it again.. so stay tuned. ;)

johnnytluxury wrote:Unpredictability can turn a track into mush real quick, cheif. You want some control, not just a freeform free-for-all.
that's why i always run supatrigga over the whole project and dump its output to a new track. then i go in and select the best bits and drop them in where needed. let it do its random thing but then pick and choose which pieces you want.

jsd - that's a brilliant way of using supatrigga - machines are brilliant at producing chaos, but only the human ear can decide what kind of chaos is musical - thanks for the tip - this is a feature that unfortunately can never be built into supatrigga (except some kind of A.I. supervised learning system was built in... hmm... that could be an idea worth trying actually...

we use supatrigga in the same way when we work on a track in the studio. when playing live it is also cool when it shoots out random breaks. as i said before, suppatrigga is superb in doing what it is supposed to do, so when it comes to more live-control (without a real possibility to bounce and preselect), just use other plugs. ;)

p.s.: ohm, you got pm ;)

Yes I use it that way too But it would be cool to get the randomness of the algo but if you like it, keep it stored. Build up a bank of these random patterns and switch between them..
+
The following statement is true.
The previous statement is false.

Return to “Smart Electronix”