3am - ghilt (more analog v. digital noise)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
KVRAF
11412 posts since 7 May, 2006 from Southern California

Post Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:41 pm

Another jam, processed guitar and analog drums v. modified digital delays and algorithmic sequencing.

ghilt

Thanks for listening!
Last edited by justin3am on Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KVRian
1022 posts since 14 Feb, 2005 from Concord, CA

Post Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:39 pm

what are you working with? some really cool twisted stuff going on ! i like it because i never know what is around the corner!

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:47 pm

The drums started from my DSI Evolver and were then processed with the internal delays, my Tyme Sefari and MFM2. The guitar was run through a ring mod (using a sine osc whose pitch was being modulated via sample and hold), a high pass and two low pass filters in parallel, a modified Boss RPS-10, and a Behringer Analog delay and finally my amp.

It was done live but then edited. All this hardware stuff is too fun for words! My material could never be an example of hardware/analog sounding better than plugz-inz but I can testify that it's fun to play with. :)

KVRAF
8072 posts since 12 Dec, 2003 from Canada

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:07 am

Right on! Lotsa crazy nice tones Justin, and the multitude of delays and stereo tricks really keep it interesting. I have to agree that knob twiddling is hard to beat. :D
Image Image

Mr Entertainment
12209 posts since 30 Apr, 2002 from i might peeramid

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:58 am

it sounds like you're the right guy for the job. your sense of space and density of motion holds the attention.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:49 am

You know me, I'm just doing my thing. I was a little worried that things get a too busy in places but anymore editing seems to ruin the vibe.

@xoxos... Thanks for keeping me up-to-date with your stuff. The sequences in this come from Series and I used Phase Seq to generate semi random gates to s/h trigger inputs and LFO retriggers. I've put together some patches in my Mac based apps (Reaktor, Numerlogy, Bidule) that emulate your tools but there is something very inviting about your interfaces. I have a PC laptop that's not good for much more than generating midi so that's what it does. Once I get a FW PCexpress card for it, maybe I'll start incorporating your audio generating tools. :)

Narcissistic Messiah
4562 posts since 8 Apr, 2002 from https://soundcloud.com/remcoh

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:03 am

justin3am wrote:Another jam, processed guitar and analog drums v. modified digital delays and algorithmic sequencing.

ghilt ~9min

Thanks for listening!

soooo kewl
love the tapestops :)

10 for the panning

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:16 pm

Emerald Tablet wrote:
justin3am wrote:Another jam, processed guitar and analog drums v. modified digital delays and algorithmic sequencing.

ghilt ~9min

Thanks for listening!

soooo kewl
love the tapestops :)

10 for the panning
There is something about working with mono sources that makes creating space very easy. :)

Thanks.

KVRian
1196 posts since 28 May, 2007

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:50 pm

Crazy stuff Justin !

It's like a robotic tennis match in a sunk submarine tank ... interrupted by a uranian motocross-competition on highend vehicles ... followed by an elementary music-class on pluto trying out the new modular-keys ... disturbed by the dispute of an alpha-centaurion and his bothersome vixen :D

Drumity

Return to “Music Cafe”