lugubrioso

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

lugubriously minimal:

http://rachmiel.org/kvr/lugubrioso.mp3

enjoy. :-)

That is so effing beautiful, really enjoyed the spirit and the execution.
Image Image

polyslax wrote:That is so effing beautiful, really enjoyed the spirit and the execution.
thanks. and you know whom it is for. :-)

Rick :)

I'm really enjoying this- nice resonator effects. The feedback "chimes" make the hair on my arms stand up; always a good sign.

Bravo! 8)

ew
A spectral heretic...

That's quite tubular, yet without bells. It's like radio transmission from within a sink hole.

Very haunting Rick. :) ALmost lyrical at moments. At least I imagined voices.

Whilst I always find your work interesting this is the first one in a while that I actually like.

Beautiful and evocative despite, or maybe because of, the minimalism.
其余的是噪音

Signals from a world where everything is made of crystal.
Awesome imagery.
Very pleasant listen.

Nice..

what system of intonation? original?

ew wrote:Rick :)

I'm really enjoying this- nice resonator effects. The feedback "chimes" make the hair on my arms stand up; always a good sign.

Bravo! 8)

ew
thanks maestro!

Zombie Queen wrote:That's quite tubular, yet without bells. It's like radio transmission from within a sink hole.
:-) radio transmission ... yes i see what you mean. which gives me an idea for another piece: imagine an aperiodically pulsating field of complex 'random' signals with an underlying non-random signal that fades in and out of audibility. order in the midst of chaos. a musical representation of a seti scan that manages to discover an 'intelligent' signal from space. :-)

justin3am wrote:Very haunting Rick. :) ALmost lyrical at moments. At least I imagined voices.
haunting, lyrical, imagined voices ... sounds like music in search of an atmospheric horror movie, which sums up my 'style' pretty accurately.

Az're-ul wrote:Whilst I always find your work interesting this is the first one in a while that I actually like.

Beautiful and evocative despite, or maybe because of, the minimalism.

i'm glad you find my music interesting ... and very glad you actually 'like' some of it. in terms of the minimalism, i had planned on adding another layer or two to the mix, some 'foreground' material. but i didn't want to spoil the stark solemnity.

Jazzyspoon wrote:Signals from a world where everything is made of crystal.
Awesome imagery.
Very pleasant listen.

thanks! did you ever read ballard's crystal world? it's spectacularly beautiful and spectacularly disturbing.

jancivil wrote:Nice..

what system of intonation? original?

chromatic scale put through a set of microtonal resonators. no 'grand plan' ... just ears. :-)

Return to “Music Cafe”