deleted

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

do people still open this thread? :?
Last edited by wavephonic on Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:51 pm, edited 6 times in total.

It conveys a serene atmosphere that is very pleasing to the senses :tu:!

The one thing I don't understand is the slight artifacts at 320kps? Was this a desired effect or was it reencoded. Gotta be careful with that..

Reminds me something from The KLF. Great job!
Last edited by Optomadic on Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stay juicy!

I'm not really a fan of spoken introductions, but in this case I'll let you off. Lovely melody, song and singer :love:

Strange title though.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Optomadic wrote:The one thing I don't understand is the slight artifacts at 320kps? Was this a desired effect or was it reencoded. Gotta be careful with that..
I had an idea to record some outdoor ambience, it didn't translate to well, damn..shoulda spent more time on that conversion...coulda, shoulda, woulda..lol

thanks for your time

wavephonic wrote:thanks for your time
It is passing us by no ;)?
stay juicy!

folderol wrote:I'm not really a fan of spoken introductions, but in this case I'll let you off. Lovely melody, song and singer :love:

Strange title though.
It was my decision to have her try speaking in the intro, was more curiousity than anything, I thought it worked.

titles aren't my strong point...song 1, 2, 3 etc is good enough for me..lol

appreciate the spin

Cool stuff, Ed !
This is different from what I was expecting from you, but I know you are a multi-talented man and open to different genres :clap:
excellent arrangement and great vocals
Well done

Cheers

BTW you may want to also consider putting some harmony on the guitars by shifting between power chords, 4ths and 5ths to create a sense of dark mystery, eeriness and loneliness ;).

Just an idea..
stay juicy!

Laguna Rising wrote:Cool stuff, Ed !
This is different from what I was expecting from you, but I know you are a multi-talented man and open to different genres :clap:
excellent arrangement and great vocals
Well done

Cheers
very cool Laguna, good to hear from you

Optomadic wrote:BTW you may want to also consider putting some harmony on the guitars by shifting between power chords, 4ths and 5ths to create a sense of dark mystery, eeriness and loneliness ;).

Just an idea..
yup good idea, I'd have to hand that one off to zeoy though, hes the guitar master, I just dabble after a bowl of wheaties

btw, I wanted to listen to your track but my viral thing wouldn't let me come close to your file..got a direct link?

wavephonic wrote:btw, I wanted to listen to your track but my viral thing wouldn't let me come close to your file..got a direct link?
Which one?
stay juicy!

Nice song, sweet vocals. I have impression that mixing in the vocal part could be improved a bit, voice seems a bit blurred to me as it is drowning in the rest of sound and it's a bit hard to understand the words (blame my poor skills in English). But then, a top track it is.

wavephonic wrote:
Optomadic wrote:BTW you may want to also consider putting some harmony on the guitars by shifting between power chords, 4ths and 5ths to create a sense of dark mystery, eeriness and loneliness ;).

Just an idea..
yup good idea, I'd have to hand that one off to zeoy though, hes the guitar master, I just dabble after a bowl of wheaties
Nowhere near as good as Zoey the king but heres kind of what I was thinking (kinda ;))

LISTEN HERE You have to have a flash player to listen you can download it here or here.

I filtered down a section of the original and just played over it. I started with straight scales then broke into 4ths and 5th patterns and finally tryed to do some majors and 7ths to play along with the filter up (Zero 7 style) ((kinda failed on the last 2 :hihi:))...

:dog: Did not write anything down but if you need it I'm sure I can replay it again.. Sorry..
stay juicy!

Return to “Music Cafe”